World Wrestling Federation For Life

Play Games, post a picture, have fun.
Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Favorite Game: Alien vs Predator

Re: World Wrestling Federation For Life

Post by Hierophant » September 12th, 2009, 10:40 pm

I was watching that episode of Smackdown when Undertaker choke slammed Punk through the announce table. That was crazy.
:ouch:

Skyppno7
Gamer Extreme
Gamer Extreme
Favorite Game: Samurai Showdown 1

Post by Skyppno7 » September 28th, 2009, 11:52 am

I'll always miss the veil of innocence and the over the top theatrics of the late 80's WWF. It was something kids could watch you know? They got a ton of their late 90's early 2k watchers from building a base of kids that grew up on Hulk Hogan cartoons and Wrestlemania videogames.

That said, Stone Cold finally toppled everyone else to be my favorite wrestler. Just like Eastwood is my fav cowboy, and Wolverine is my fav comic book hero, Stone Cold brought that kind of anti-hero anti-establishment attitude to Wrestling.

I rarely catch any wrestling on TV anymore. There are rare few "performers" worth watching for the past few years, I've tried so much to watch and get interested but you get losers like The Miz doing main events for a month strait, or the women's matches full of women that are picked for their looks, not their talent. Watching them telegraph every kick is PAINFUL.

John Cena and Triple H are still pulling the company along though. I dislike Triple H due to his strong hand in his story lines, but he can wrestle and he can cut a freakin good promo... which is sorely missing from most of the wrestlers up there today.

I always thought they should totally seperate their 3 brands. I think they should bring Smackdown to 7pm est, and go old school 80/90's super hero style to attract the younger crowd. Remember early Eugene and The Hurricane? I freakin loved those silly campy angles because it reminded me of the wrestling of my childhood. They are shooting themselves in the foot making everything basically rated R television, their children's base is shrinking, which means there will not be nostalgia fueling the 20somethings once they figure out how silly alot of wrestling is.

Monday Night Raw would pretty much stay the same.

ECW would quit putting puppet WWF has beens as the champs and let some of the ECW die-hards head up the company. They would go hardcore rules 24/7 and be a bit more edgy and closer to what got ECW going in the first place.
"Its your reliable source of information. 50,000 unstoppable watts"

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Hierophant » October 5th, 2009, 1:26 am

Too true mate. Watching the Miz in action is enough to make me think that a Spirit Squad comeback might be a good idea.

Did anyone else see the Rock's promo on Smackdown's 10 anniversary? Really made me miss those days when wrestling was still laugh out loud funny. The Rock said that CM Punk always sits down on the toilet and he should change his name to BM Punk!

eliaskeme
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member
Favorite Game: Snow Bros.

Post by eliaskeme » October 6th, 2009, 9:24 am

Although I can't see SmackDown! on my TV I see the news from wwe.com and Rock also said that he may host an episode of Monday Night Raw. By the way Punk said goodbye to his title because the UNDERTAKER is now the World Heavyweight Champion !!!

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Hierophant » October 6th, 2009, 10:37 pm

Cool! I was getting bored of Mr. Straight Edge as champ. Hopefully Undertaker can cause some mayhem around the place for a while.

eliaskeme
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by eliaskeme » October 9th, 2009, 3:34 pm

Lemme tell you something about the Deadman:
Undertaker=Mayhem
Undertaker+Champion=ULTIMATE MAYHEM !!!
I don't think anyone (especially BM...sorry CM Punk) will attemp to regain the title. Because the result will be only one: he will REST IN PEACE !!! Not to mention that Hell's Gate ('Taker's Submission Move) can be performed any time !!!

Incito
Founder
Founder
Favorite Game: Marvel vs. Capcom 2

Post by Incito » October 10th, 2009, 9:14 pm

I met the undertaker a this fan fare thing downtown (Chicago). Dude IS tall! He has always been my favorite. I was at the Wrestlemania were he won the championship. Back then it was WWF.

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Hierophant » October 11th, 2009, 12:11 am

Nice one. Wow, to actually attend a Wrestlemania let alone meet Undertaker, that must have been crazy. The wrestlers always put their act in a noticeably higher gear at the big PPVs.

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Hierophant » December 2nd, 2009, 9:27 pm

Hey elias, did you see the recent Kofi Kingston / Randy Orton brawl at Madison Square Garden? Kofi does the craziest move I've seen since Jeff Hardy was still around!
:ohmy:

eliaskeme
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by eliaskeme » January 4th, 2010, 4:44 pm

Only some footage at WWE.com and after 4 weeks at novasports (cable TV). I didn't watch RAW for some time since I purchased WWF Survivor Series 1989&1990 and Survivor Series 1993&1994 (with main event Undertaker vs Yokozuna in a casket match with Chuck Norris as a special ring enforcer !!). BUT tonight the Hitman Bret Hart returns to RAW !! So I have to wait 4 weeks tp see the whole episode !!! I CAN'T WAIT 4 WEEKS !!