Re: how to save games

MAME Gurus come to your aide to help you. Please use the search before adding a topic. This will help cut down on having multiple topics with the same subject.
Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Favorite Game: Alien vs Predator

Post by Hierophant » February 11th, 2012, 8:39 pm

sneekyweezel wrote:How can I use save state in MAME?
It's a good idea to check the Save State folder in the left field of the MAME GUI first for games with full save state support. Other games that are not in that folder may still be able to do save states, although in this case the stability of the function is not guaranteed.

The defaults are Left Shift+F7 to save and F7 to load. When calling up these functions you then need to pick numbers or letters on the keyboard as positions to save to or load from. For example, you play for a while and decide to save>go Left Shift+F7 then press 1 to save to position 1>you want to continue later>go F7 then press 1 to load from position 1 and get back to where you were. You can keep adding new save/load positions on other keys as you progress through a game to build up a collection of handy save points, or if you're not fussed you can just keep overwriting the same position.

Saved states will automatically go in the sta folder of the MAME root directory if you ever want to clear anything out.

eliaskeme
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member
Favorite Game: Snow Bros.

Post by eliaskeme » February 13th, 2012, 8:05 am

Dammit Hiero! I wanted to reply in this topic since I am an expert at that (did it on Gauntlet II, PleasureGoal and many other games) but I saw it from the mobile and when I checked it you had already given the solution !! DAMN !! :stare:

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Favorite Game: Alien vs Predator

Post by Hierophant » February 14th, 2012, 1:07 am

Sorry man, you gotta be quick around here sometimes. :ninja: :ouch:

eliaskeme
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by eliaskeme » February 14th, 2012, 5:40 am

Hierophant wrote:Sorry man, you gotta be quick around here sometimes. :ninja: :ouch:
You are lucky my mobile only reads posts and doesn't allow me to post...

Incito
Founder
Founder
Favorite Game: Marvel vs. Capcom 2

Post by Incito » February 14th, 2012, 6:41 am

Imaging Hiero and Elias MK test your might break breaking. :confused: :hehe: :rofl:

eliaskeme
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by eliaskeme » February 14th, 2012, 7:19 am

I'd use my razor-blade hat to cut them or my mighty roundhouse kick to break both mine and Hiero's bricks/wood/diamond.

PS: Nice signature you got there Chris...and I suppose you know the reason why Atarix is like this..

Incito
Founder
Founder

Post by Incito » February 14th, 2012, 9:54 am

eliaskeme wrote: Nice signature you got there Chris...and I suppose you know the reason why Atarix is like this..
I do, but perhaps you should enlighten other members here. :wink:
I hope Atarix likes and finds it funny like I do. I was lucky to get that screen cap during a stream match.

Incito
Founder
Founder

Post by Incito » February 14th, 2012, 12:53 pm

sneekyweezel wrote:Are you crying in this picture??
This is not a picture of me, but the Leader of NewNet Atarix. No he was not really crying. MA and NewNet would play against each other online in MAME using Kiellerra (May have spelled that wrong again), and these battles would stream live for all to watch and comment on. It was lots of fun.

MA youtube channel, as well as NN and other MA members channels have the videos of these contest .... really fun to watch.

For a while, Atarix would challenge people and if you beat him, he gave you a 1UP mushroon T-Shirt.

Long Live Atarix!

Hip hip ... hooray. :hooray:

eliaskeme
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by eliaskeme » February 14th, 2012, 1:36 pm

Incito wrote:I do, but perhaps you should enlighten other members here. :wink:
I hope Atarix likes and finds it funny like I do. I was lucky to get that screen cap during a stream match.
Well I did show it to Atarix and the only thing he said is "One day Elias,one day..."
By the way since many people don't know the reason why this sensation is crying it's because he made the HUGE mistake challenging me at Windjammers...and he thought that with 1hr training he'd beat me. NO WAY :devlish: