hey guys.....why dont some games work??

MAME Gurus come to your aide to help you. Please use the search before adding a topic. This will help cut down on having multiple topics with the same subject.
Dcham
Favorite Game: marvel-vs-capcom

hey guys.....why dont some games work??

Post by Dcham » February 5th, 2009, 6:24 pm

:sparta: for some reason most of the games i download dont work
.....can you guys tell me a solution...or what version to get?? ......i

Incito
Founder
Founder
Favorite Game: Marvel vs. Capcom 2

Re: hey guys.....why dont some games work??

Post by Incito » February 6th, 2009, 1:35 am

Dcham wrote::sparta: for some reason most of the games i download don't work
.....can you guys tell me a solution...or what version to get?? ......i
What type of computer do you have? If it is a PC with a 32bit OS (like XP) then try one of the mame version that are offered in the Downloads section. These version are stable and used by myself.

If you are using another version and want to stay with that, then indicate what mame it is.

This is a good start to getting you there. :wink:

I love the sparta smilie :sparta:

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Favorite Game: Alien vs Predator

Post by Hierophant » February 7th, 2009, 3:29 am

You might also try doing an audit of games that aren't launching. Go to your MAME list of available games, choose a game that is giving you trouble, and go right click>Audit. Most likely it will show you a list of missing files that MAME needs in order to launch the game. You then have two options.

Easier: Go look around for a different place that has a file dump which suits your MAME. It's a bit hit and miss but you can sometimes be lucky. If it works for one game then keep trying and you will probably have much success.

Harder: Make a note of all the files reported as missing in the audit and start Googling. Unzip the original file, add the files you Googled, zip the original file back up again and presto, MAME can now launch the game. This is more precise but could also be very time consuming.

:rofl: :sparta:

darkmetalj

Post by darkmetalj » April 15th, 2009, 8:05 pm

I seem to be having the same problem as this guy. More specifically with two games i've really been trying to get my hands on. The first being the aliens arcade game. The second being the Batman forever arcade game aswell. I have tried literally ten different site that have these roms available for download and not a single one will register. Even if i have multiple versions of the game downloaded.

I see the reply the posted about googling but i still seem stuck. HELP! :wacko:

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Favorite Game: Alien vs Predator

Post by Hierophant » April 16th, 2009, 9:40 pm

G'day :hello:

The original poster of this thread never replied to us, so it's impossible to know how that turned out.

If you could give us some info on your PC and MAME setups that would be a start to fixing the problem.

eliaskeme
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member
Favorite Game: Snow Bros.

Post by eliaskeme » April 20th, 2009, 7:04 am

darkmetalj wrote:I seem to be having the same problem as this guy. More specifically with two games i've really been trying to get my hands on. The first being the aliens arcade game. The second being the Batman forever arcade game aswell. I have tried literally ten different site that have these roms available for download and not a single one will register. Even if i have multiple versions of the game downloaded.
Have you checked whether the game needs a specific BIOS ?? Many games need these such as Metal Slug which need the "neogeo" BIOS. Check it out