Is this why Ryu is considered the better fighter?

Play Games, post a picture, have fun.
suits00
Guru Supreme
Guru Supreme
Favorite Game: STREETFIGHTER

Is this why Ryu is considered the better fighter?

Post by suits00 » February 23rd, 2010, 1:41 pm

I don't know if it just me, but doesn't it look like Ken is staring at Ryu while Ryu is staring at Ken's punch that's coming (left punch)? Is this why Ryu is considered the best fighter?

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Favorite Game: Alien vs Predator

Re: Is this why Ryu is considered the better fighter?

Post by Hierophant » February 23rd, 2010, 7:13 pm

Hey yeah, I see what you mean. At first I thought Ryu was just staring at Ken's face. After a while though it does actually seem like he's more focused on Ken's left fist.

Nostalgia
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by Nostalgia » February 23rd, 2010, 9:02 pm

:hehe:

Nice find.

Both characters are equally awesome, who wins just depends on which one Daigo Umehara chooses to play as :clapping:

Pretty cool image really. Ken wants so badly to beat Ryu and is staring him right in the face. Ryu is just too good though and is concentrating on Ken's incoming move... Or maybe Ken is staring at Ryu's fist?

Hmm...

Thulsa
Arbiter
Arbiter
Favorite Game: QBert Ms Pacman

Post by Thulsa » February 24th, 2010, 10:58 am

Has anyone watched some of the Street Fighter Anime's? They go pretty in depth to why Ryu is so Driven. Most of the Good ones involve Ryu's interaction with the Demon Gouki. A.k.a. - I own you 4 Life Akuma.

I also picked up the comic version of SVC based on the first SNK vs. Capcom game. Decent read great art. Really shows some depth of character for SNK which at the time I was not real familiar with. Both are pretty great and center around Ryu.

Personally I think it should be the same picture of Ryu bearing down on Dan Hibiki while Dan has a look of pure terror on his face. That would be a cover for a game I could get behind. lol
My child, you have come to me my son. For who now is your father if it is not me? I am the well spring, from which you flow. When I am gone, you will have never been. What would your world be, without me? My son.
~Thulsa Doom~

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Favorite Game: Alien vs Predator

Post by Hierophant » February 25th, 2010, 6:47 pm

Yeah, seen most of the SF animes. Even sat through the entire SF II V series. Haven't seen Alpha Generations yet, but heard it's decidedly average anyway. Seems like Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie still reigns supreme after all this time, especially since being re-released uncut on DVD.

Haha, funny Dan idea! :hehe:

Incito
Founder
Founder
Favorite Game: Marvel vs. Capcom 2

Post by Incito » February 25th, 2010, 8:01 pm

Hierophant wrote:Yeah, seen most of the SF animes. Even sat through the entire SF II V series. Haven't seen Alpha Generations yet, but heard it's decidedly average anyway. Seems like Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie​ still reigns supreme after all this time, especially since being re-released uncut on DVD.

Haha, funny Dan idea! :hehe:
My favorite fight was Chung Lee and Vega, awesomeness.

Here is a pretty cool mix of fights from the movie.

TheXbutton

Post by TheXbutton » March 13th, 2010, 2:55 am

They had to make sure Ryu was better, especially in SF4. Ken was too OP in SF3s. haha

Nostalgia
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by Nostalgia » March 13th, 2010, 5:23 am

Hmm.

In my opinion, as far as 3rd Strike is concerned, Ryu overall is way more powerful than Ken. Mainly thanks to his super arts, especially the devastating vacuum dragon punch.

Ken is a handful and fun as hell to use though! No doubt about that.

I think Akuma is the funnest character to use in 3rd Strike though. Straight away he's anywhere you want him to be on the screen basically!