Starcade!!

Play Games, post a picture, have fun.
Thulsa
Arbiter
Arbiter
Favorite Game: QBert Ms Pacman

Starcade!!

Post by Thulsa » January 19th, 2010, 11:40 am

Ok first I have to ask if anyone on MAME Addicts knows about this show? Starcade was in all honesty was a great idea at the time but turned out to be a terrible show. I remember it being pretty cool as a kid but as I look back i just have laugh.

It is nice to see some of the old cabinets in mint condition and some of the actual gameplay. I even find a game from time to time that I have never seen or heard of. I thought I would post this for all the MAME Addicts that may have never even known or heard about a Arcade Video Game Show

So if you have some time sit back and relax and enjoy the best the early 80's TV has to offer. Just select the full episode tabs to watch some fo the episodes.

http://www.starcade.tv/starcade/one.asp
My child, you have come to me my son. For who now is your father if it is not me? I am the well spring, from which you flow. When I am gone, you will have never been. What would your world be, without me? My son.
~Thulsa Doom~

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Favorite Game: Alien vs Predator

Re: Starcade!!

Post by Hierophant » January 20th, 2010, 7:50 pm

I never heard of Starcade before, but then again it probably never had a run Down Under. Looks like a lotta fun though!

Aleks55
Mame Addict
Mame Addict
Favorite Game: Earthworm Jim

Post by Aleks55 » February 1st, 2010, 11:56 pm

I've never heard of it, but I should probably check it out.

eliaskeme
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member
Favorite Game: Snow Bros.

Post by eliaskeme » February 23rd, 2010, 11:17 am

I have only heard of StarRcade, the WCW pay-per-view...

jyarrison
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member
Favorite Game: Golden Tee

Post by jyarrison » June 29th, 2012, 10:20 am

Yeah Thulsa, I vaguely remember this as a kid but never knew what it was called. THANK YOU!! I recently found this thread and have watched a couple of episodes on my Blackberry Playbook, it is Flash enabled so the vids play nicely on it.

Anyways watching some of these games I couldn't help but add them to my MAME cabinet. They'll probably never get a lot of play but it's more of that nostalgic thing ya know......These games made it on their own TV show that I envied tremendously. Haha, kinda cool. Also I found a site (that I'm sure most of us have visited before) where you can actually download these full episodes. So I downloaded a few and threw them in my MAME cab under the "Videos" section on GameEx. Adds a nice little arcade touch to the whole thing. My friends like to check them out too, just for a little though then it is game time!!
JY

Thulsa
Arbiter
Arbiter
Favorite Game: QBert Ms Pacman

Post by Thulsa » June 29th, 2012, 2:18 pm

Excellent JY Starcade must never die.

My personal favorite is how much the host seems to hate life! lol
My child, you have come to me my son. For who now is your father if it is not me? I am the well spring, from which you flow. When I am gone, you will have never been. What would your world be, without me? My son.
~Thulsa Doom~