Official Free C&C Tiberian Sun

Play Games, post a picture, have fun.
Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Favorite Game: Alien vs Predator

Official Free C&C Tiberian Sun

Post by Hierophant » December 21st, 2010, 10:13 pm

I was poking around the net for a nice new game to amuse myself with over the break and found this:

http://www.commandandconquer.com/classic

As you can see, EA are kindly offering three classic C&C games (wow, can't believe I used "EA" and "kindly" in the same sentence). :ohmy:

Red Alert and Tiberian Dawn are Win95 games so there may be problems getting those to work on WinXP. I'm thrilled to report that Tiberian Sun worked right outta the box on my WinXP, awwh yeah! If you can get the Win95 games working, then fine. If not, then at least you still have Tiberian Sun, right?

:wink: :gift:

Nostalgia
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Re: Official Free C&C Tiberian Sun

Post by Nostalgia » December 22nd, 2010, 5:31 am

Oh boy, here we go (not gonna see Hiero around here for a few months hehe).

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Hierophant » December 22nd, 2010, 6:05 pm

Lol yeah, I got some serious commanding and conquering to take care of. :tongue:

Incito
Founder
Founder
Favorite Game: Marvel vs. Capcom 2

Command & Conquer Tiberian Sun

Post by Incito » June 9th, 2011, 11:18 pm

I got the game now and love it. Still a free download too. Bit tricky to install, since its not an ISO. So the download is basically the file structure of the whole game. I extracted the rar file. Then I found one of the files needed to refer to a dll in C:\Program Files\EA Games\Command & Conquer The First Decade\Command & Conquer(tm) Tiberian Sun(tm)\SUN. So that is where I put the EA folder, in the Program Files directory. Then I ran the SUN.exe and off we go!

So nice of EA to give this away still.

Anyway, I am still a noob, but I would like a online match sometime. :evilgrin:

Atarix777
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Re: Command & Conquer Tiberian Sun

Post by Atarix777 » June 10th, 2011, 1:12 am

I will download it when I have a bit of time... i always loved "Tiberian Sun" back then, maybe we can stream a match, too :hehe:

Incito
Founder
Founder
Favorite Game: Marvel vs. Capcom 2

Tron Cycle ONLINE free.

Post by Incito » June 10th, 2011, 7:12 am

Yeah that would be cool to stream a match. I think you should also download the Tron Cycle gme which is so much fun and does not require much hardware and best of all you can play online! It called another name btw, and not Tron Cycle. Also OPEN GPL, so you can stream it if you want.

Get it here: Tron Cycle Online.

eliaskeme
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member
Favorite Game: Snow Bros.

Post by eliaskeme » June 10th, 2011, 1:02 pm

Incito wrote:I got the game now and love it. Still a free download too. Bit tricky to install, since its not an ISO. So the download is basically the file structure of the whole game. I extracted the rar file. Then I found one of the files needed to refer to a dll in C:\Program Files\EA Games\Command & Conquer The First Decade\Command & Conquer(tm) Tiberian Sun(tm)\SUN. So that is where I put the EA folder, in the Program Files directory. Then I ran the SUN.exe and off we go!

So nice of EA to give this away still.

Anyway, I am still a noob, but I would like a online match sometime. :evilgrin:
The last C&C I played is Tiberium Wars. I did download to play Yuri's Revenge (C&C2) some months ago, though. However I'm not very good at Strategy Games. Most of ppl make quick attacks unlike me who gather then unleash the ultimate assault !!! I have also mentioned that another (free) game we can play online is Unreal Tournament (FPS for ppl who don't know). And I am refering to the very first one (the one I used to upload the stage themes) which needs an average PC and is, well, AWESOME !!!! I can PM you the links for it.

killrathy75
Gamer Extreme
Gamer Extreme
Favorite Game: How can I choose

Post by killrathy75 » June 10th, 2011, 7:19 pm

Ide be interested in a fourway or something let me know where to get this or at least what version your playing.

killrathy75
Gamer Extreme
Gamer Extreme
Favorite Game: How can I choose

Post by killrathy75 » June 12th, 2011, 11:33 pm

Sad :crying: nobody seems to be interested in this thread now. Honestly i think red alert 2 and generals were both far better version that TS. I also have part 3 that i think is prety good.

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Hierophant » June 13th, 2011, 4:58 am

Topics merged.

Killrathy, I had to delete that link you put. The official one in my OP and some lateral thinking should be enough to steer people in the right direction.

Site Rules part 3) - viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4