The Thulsa Doom Challenge!

Play Games, post a picture, have fun.
Thulsa
Arbiter
Arbiter
Favorite Game: QBert Ms Pacman

Re: The Thulsa Doom Challenge!

Post by Thulsa » June 11th, 2010, 1:04 pm

It's friday the 11th. Once again Hiero has beaten us into submission. Barring a late in the day miracle post from Chris we will move on to the next game. Starting Saturday 6/12/10 I will start up DONKEY KONG

I am looking forward to this as DK is a demon of a game. I personally am terrible at it. I can't get past the 5th board. (Might be the 4th. I can't remember which one has all the lifts on it.)

So here is the deal. One Quarter. Now comes the tricky part. You can stack points in DK pretty easy. So again we will rely on the honor system and go off of what twin galaxies uses for Donkey Kong. No standing in place and jumping over more than 10 barrels or anything else in a row on any given board. Hammers are allowed.

Also I will accept two different screen shots. The highest elevation 50m 75m ect. ect. on the level screen. Or the actual high score with your gamer tag. One may not correspond to the other as you can fly through the boards rather quickly and maintain a lower score but progress further. Or you can go slower and try for a max high score but you know as well as I do Donkey Kong will get you if you linger too long.
My child, you have come to me my son. For who now is your father if it is not me? I am the well spring, from which you flow. When I am gone, you will have never been. What would your world be, without me? My son.
~Thulsa Doom~

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Favorite Game: Alien vs Predator

Post by Hierophant » June 11th, 2010, 11:53 pm

Donkey Kong, eh. OK, I'll do my best but my best is probably not gonna be good enough for this game.

Thulsa
Arbiter
Arbiter

Post by Thulsa » June 12th, 2010, 10:31 am

LOL Not my fault. Blame Chris. Personally I would have chosen frogger. lol

I am not good at Donkey Kong at all. I think my best high score is like 17k. That is a terrible score when you consider the world record is over 1 million.
My child, you have come to me my son. For who now is your father if it is not me? I am the well spring, from which you flow. When I am gone, you will have never been. What would your world be, without me? My son.
~Thulsa Doom~

Incito
Founder
Founder
Favorite Game: Marvel vs. Capcom 2

Post by Incito » June 12th, 2010, 1:14 pm

Thulsa wrote:LOL Not my fault. Blame Chris. Personally I would have chosen frogger. lol

I am not good at Donkey Kong at all. I think my best high score is like 17k. That is a terrible score when you consider the world record is over 1 million.
LOL! Well Thulsa out smarted me. I was planning on stacking up points with barrel jumps. :tongue:

I got the idea of Playing DK from a movie King of Kong. You really repect that guy after this challenge.

Billy Mitchell is the biggest D-Bag with a Mullet ever LOL.

Thulsa
Arbiter
Arbiter

Post by Thulsa » June 12th, 2010, 3:40 pm

Haha yeah I own King of Kong Chris it's an epic movie. I actually bought it on DVD the day it was released at Best Buy. I had the same idea about barrel jumping. lol

And agreed Billy Mitchell is the Biggest D-bag perhaps of all time. Even his friend at the end of King of Kong looks at him like "Wow you are an a**." Like he just realized it for the first time.
~Thulsa Doom~

Thulsa
Arbiter
Arbiter

Post by Thulsa » June 15th, 2010, 4:37 pm

I hate Donkey Kong :uh:

Man I just never understand how people are so good at this game. lol
~Thulsa Doom~

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Favorite Game: Alien vs Predator

Post by Hierophant » June 15th, 2010, 9:04 pm

Yeah mate, I'm having a pretty rough time with Donkey Kong so far. 11,600. :meh:

I'm counting on Chris or you, Thulsa, to show us what it's all about. :tongue:

Nostalgia
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by Nostalgia » June 17th, 2010, 2:24 am

Should have a chance to play this game tonight and post a score. Will edit this post at that point.

Thulsa
Arbiter
Arbiter

Post by Thulsa » June 20th, 2010, 1:59 pm

OK gang here is that damage!!! Enjoy!

Image Image

Starting from today you have until next Sunday to beat the score of 18,400. :confused:

If you everyone turns in a score before Sunday that they are happy with let me know and we will move on.
~Thulsa Doom~

Nostalgia
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by Nostalgia » June 21st, 2010, 6:23 pm

Looking forward to Mortal Kombat.

Just a quick heads up, guys. Thulsa has informed me that, unless you beat the first 6 enemies, then you won't get a score on the high scores list in the game.

Beating the first 6 guys on 1 credit should be pretty easy for everyone, but in case you can't manage it, just be sure to take a screenshot of your score before waiting for the high score list in the game.