What are you planning on playing during the holidays.

Play Games, post a picture, have fun.
Thulsa
Arbiter
Arbiter
Favorite Game: QBert Ms Pacman

What are you planning on playing during the holidays.

Post by Thulsa » December 8th, 2009, 1:31 pm

I thought I would start up a little discussion about what everyone plans on playing through out the holidays if you have some extended time off. I know not everyone gets time off during the holidays or celebrates the same Holidays as Americans. But I am curious if you have some free time coming up what do you plan on playing?

Since this is a MAME addicts home I will start with the more obvious MAME catagory. For me it will be two things. For gaming I really want to get some serious play time in with SMASH TV. I need more toasters! As far as my MAME addiction goes I want to finish updating my games and corresponding spreadsheets so I have a nice catalog of games to look over.

Non-Mame related. I would like to play through Boderlands on the PS3. Then switch over to some Modern Warfare 2 online action also for the PS3. Even though I am terrible at a FPS without a keyboard and mouse.

~Thulsa~
My child, you have come to me my son. For who now is your father if it is not me? I am the well spring, from which you flow. When I am gone, you will have never been. What would your world be, without me? My son.
~Thulsa Doom~

Nostalgia
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Re: What are you planning on playing during the holidays.

Post by Nostalgia » December 9th, 2009, 3:56 am

Yeah I'm not a huge fan of fps unless it's with a keyboard and mouse too dude. Makes it so much better with aim and everything. I play a fair bit of counter-strike source, love that game.

I already play games a fair bit so I'm not really 'planning' on playing any games in particular over the holidays.

I'm getting a new electric guitar and amp for christmas, so I'll be playing the hell out of those, that's for sure!

:hooray:

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Favorite Game: Alien vs Predator

Post by Hierophant » December 10th, 2009, 8:35 am

Thulsa wrote:For gaming I really want to get some serious play time in with SMASH TV. I need more toasters!
Lol dude... Big money! Big prizes! I love it! :rofl:

I've had an extremely busy year, but now that I finally find myself with some spare time I've been brushing up on StarCraft first up. Might even go some Diablo or Baldur's Gate later on if I get time. It's also been ages since I fired up Metroid Prime Corruption, Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess, or Resident Evil 4.

For online MAME Nos and I play lots of Street Fighter III 3rd Strike. I've slowly been introducing him to a few Neo Geo fighters like Samurai Shodown IV and KOF 98 to mix it up a bit. Hopefully soon we'll be playing some Real Bout Special/Real Bout 2 and maybe even Garou Mark of the Wolves.

As Nos will be when he gets hold of his Chrissy present, I've been punishing my axes mercilessly!

thePrimativ
Favorite Game: 1943 Time Pilot

Post by thePrimativ » December 14th, 2009, 2:28 pm

hope fully this break ill get enough time to finish the cab and then get to play some of them finally.
have a street fighter II full size cab, looks good in the front room, will look beter when it works :)
ImageImageImage

Incito
Founder
Founder
Favorite Game: Marvel vs. Capcom 2

Post by Incito » December 14th, 2009, 2:46 pm

Thulsa wrote: Non-Mame related. I would like to play through Boderlands on the PS3. Then switch over to some Modern Warfare 2 online action also for the PS3. Even though I am terrible at a FPS without a keyboard and mouse.

~Thulsa~
Look me up for some Modern Warfare 2 action. My name is incito05.

Also Marvel vs. Capcom 2 for PS3. Worth the $15. However I think you can play that game on nullDC via online with kialleria. Does Kialleria support Dreamcast emulator NullDC?

Just googled it....and yes it does :tongue:

JpsCrazy

Post by JpsCrazy » December 14th, 2009, 3:24 pm

Playing some classic Marvel vs. Capcom.
I don't think there's any other game that screams 'button masher' more than this.

And non-mame related:
Just deleted my file in Soul Calibur 2 and redoing EVERYTHING. Aha.

Aleks55
Mame Addict
Mame Addict
Favorite Game: Earthworm Jim

Post by Aleks55 » December 14th, 2009, 10:17 pm

I'm playing some WoW (I have no soul, I know)

Playing some TF2 (The soldiers WILL win the war)

Playing some Madworld (Which is badass)

and playing some Battleotads on the arcade (Which is also badass)

eliaskeme
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member
Favorite Game: Snow Bros.

Post by eliaskeme » December 18th, 2009, 5:14 am

I don't think this is gonna be a good week. Too many lessons for school, but fortunately everything is at noons. The rest of the time I will be at my village playing MSHVSF or Snow Bros.