Favourite older gaming systems that aren't arcade

Play Games, post a picture, have fun.
lee
Gamer Supreme
Gamer Supreme
Favorite Game: The King Of Fighters

Re: Favourite older gaming systems that aren't arcade

Post by lee » July 12th, 2009, 12:31 am

Lol Pro Wrestlers and their outlandish remarks that make hype men look humble...and btw...umm Super Nintendo isnt making games on their console either lol.

suits00
Guru Supreme
Guru Supreme
Favorite Game: STREETFIGHTER

Post by suits00 » July 12th, 2009, 12:51 am

Never said anything about Super Nintendo, I said Mario games are being made and sold to this day. That is, Mario is still around while Dreamcast is a thing of the past. And sure Super Nintendo isn't making anymore games on Super Nintendo but thats what happens when you have a successful brand, you make other consoles that a newer generation can buy. Sadly for Sega, they are out of the console market. Btw, Super Nintendo games are still being sold on the Wii store and their are probably more SNES consoles out their than dreamcast consoles, lol.

lee
Gamer Supreme
Gamer Supreme

Post by lee » July 12th, 2009, 12:56 am

Ok...that hurt...but don't blame the dreamcast crew for the Sega board of director's lack of commitment lol. Sega series are still in the market though so you can't rule out the power of the Dreamcast stepping stone to greatness. (I love this smiley :sparta: )

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Favorite Game: Alien vs Predator

Post by Hierophant » July 12th, 2009, 3:44 am

lee wrote:But when Dreamcast makes a series it continues on to the next console and never dissapoints, when SNES makes serieses its never remade until like a decade later, perfect example...SAMURAI SHOWDOWN lmfao, i was so confused when i saw the trailer, SNES is awesome, Dreamcast is just better to play (and Neo Geo is the best of course).
What? You lost me there bro. How does a DC series continue on to the next console? DC was the end of SEGA's console dreams. And what has Samurai Shodown got to do with the SNES? I know there was a SNES version but the series obviously belongs to SNK, so it's not Nintendo's job to keep it going.
:wacko: :confused:
suits00 wrote:
Hierophant wrote:Yeah, I guess the poor old SNES could only manage to get one top 10 game in the list of Best-Selling Video Games of All Time if that's any measure of success.
:mario:
It is a measure of success indeed. Technically they can pull a Chris Jericho "We are the best in the world at what we do!!" "We have the best selling game of all time!!" "Dreamcast is nothing more than a pandering hypocrite that is not even on our stature!!" "Now we will unveil another Mario series and break our own record of best selling video game of all time!!". :rofl: :rofl:
LOL, Jericho did a beauty the other day. Called the audience a bunch of obsequious, lackadaisical sycophants or some words to that effect. I wish I could recall his exact speech, it was hilarious.
:hehe:
lee wrote:MARIO IS OVERRATED,
CASE 1: Mario Sunshine
CASE 2: Insanely identical plot...different gameplay
CASE 3: The fact that Mario is a italian plumber who rides a egg farting dinosaur named yoshi to rescue a princess (whose name is peach) from a spiked fire breathing turtle named Bowser is not at ALL strange to ANYONE?? What were the writers thinking when they wrote this??

Dreamcast...hmmm hypocrisy? Its as straightforward as say...Marvel Vs Capcom and Sonic (which had its own popular TV Series..can;t say the same to Mario) I love SNES, Love Dreamcast a HELL of alot more.
The creators were thinking with their imaginations I'd say. No harm done to Nintendo's cause. As for TV series, I CAN say the same for Mario. Fact - there were seven main Mario TV series.
:woot: :mario:

Nostalgia
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by Nostalgia » July 12th, 2009, 5:16 am

The dreamcast came out too recently to be relevant to this thread. Hiero is going to update the first post to include the cut off point for the newer systems as I only thought to post about that later in the thread when he brought it to my attention (saturn/ps1/n64 era is as new as you can go and that's pushing it).

Sucks how normal forum members like me can't edit their posts after a while but it's also a good thing I guess :smile:

lee
Gamer Supreme
Gamer Supreme

Post by lee » July 13th, 2009, 11:46 pm

ok i tap out anyway lol

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Favorite Game: Alien vs Predator

Post by Hierophant » July 14th, 2009, 1:59 am

Heh heh... Walls of Jericho. :hehe:

The first home console I ever owned was the NES, and the first game I got for it was Metroid. So for a time the NES was my fave older console as it was the only one I had. Before that I only ever played arcade video games and pinball, so props to the NES for opening up a new avenue of gaming fun.
:woot: :mario:

eliaskeme
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member
Favorite Game: Snow Bros.

Post by eliaskeme » August 2nd, 2009, 5:58 pm

Hierophant wrote:Heh heh... Walls of Jericho. :hehe:
Don't say that again. I HATE Chris Jericho (even though he was trained in the Hart Dungeon). I prefer Bret's legendary SHARPSHOOTER :woot: !!!! Check this 5-minute (!) Shaprshooter on Jerry "The King" Lawler

THAT'S GOTTA HURT !!

Incito
Founder
Founder
Favorite Game: Marvel vs. Capcom 2

Post by Incito » August 2nd, 2009, 10:25 pm

I am going to help get us back on track LOL. :tongue:

I have had many console, but few really hooked onto me like the NES, also know as Famicom in Japan. Nintendo had a hard time selling it to American merchants cause they believed the arcade boom was dead here in the USA. So, Nintendo repackaged it with with a Zapper gun and R.O.B. the video robot...then called it a "Shooting game", and "Toy".

I wasn't hooked right away with the NES, and being a kid I didn't have the $$$ to buy one at the time. It was Super Mario Bros. that I keeped feeding quarters to. When I heard it was on the NES .... I sold all my He-Man toys and mowed some lawns till I could buy it.

R.O.B, was a crappy gimmick I could have done without.

However as a console, may innovative games where made for that system. I really enjoyed the Ninja Giaden 1 and 2.

So, NES got me hooked for good....but it was the Sega Genesis that I would have to call my number one ..... I only have to say two words to explain it.
BLOOD CODE

Nostalgia
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by Nostalgia » August 3rd, 2009, 1:01 am

A, B, A, C, A, B, B.

And no I didn't use Google or anything :smile:

I need to play more NES games... I've never owned one (owned a Sega Master System for that era, which I loved very very much).

AVGN has turned me off the NES a bit though to be honest! Some of the big name games (Silver Surfer and Metal Gear to name a couple) look pretty damn hard to beat!