Crazy Game Scenes!

Play Games, post a picture, have fun.
Incito
Founder
Founder
Favorite Game: Marvel vs. Capcom 2

Crazy Game Scenes!

Post by Incito » June 8th, 2013, 2:23 pm

What are some crazy scenes that you remember? Not just MAME, but for all systems.

For me, MK was the only one know for fatalities and stage fatalities. KI had not hit that arcades yet when this game came to SNES and Genisis not too long after MK.

The fatalities in Eternal champions where sorta hard for m to figure out since there was no information about it back then. In fact, I had no idea there was such a thing in this game, much less stage fatalities.

I accidentally caused a stage fatality of my opponent getting burned at the stake. Check out these awesome videos showing the pretty gruesome fatalities this game had. I mean, there are intestines here man! MK on snes did not have that back then! The scenes remind me of the artwork on Heavy Metal.
Eternal Champions did not really have much in the way of marketing either. I never saw any commercials?

btw Fatalities in this game are called Vendettas.

:liil: Anyway, here you go. :liil:

ChameleonAlpha
Guru Extreme
Guru Extreme
Favorite Game: KOF 96

Re: Crazy Game Scenes!

Post by ChameleonAlpha » June 8th, 2013, 6:07 pm

Wow, the animations are really good! I thought it was an SNES game. It really shows what the Genesis could do. I need to download KGEN again.
Here's my contribution to the topic:
MGS SPOILERS

Edited by Incito: no video added. I hope this is the one you were talking about, curb stomping and all.

Anyway, if you played the game, do you remember Fox's death scene? On top of hearing his heartbreaking speech, I saw him getting (literally) curbstomped to the ground by a giant robot! I was 8 years old man. Too soon, but it was a good way to bond with my brother.

starlingmax
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member
Favorite Game: Metal Gear 3

Post by starlingmax » June 8th, 2013, 7:45 pm

Incito wrote:
The fatalities in Eternal champions where sorta hard for m to figure out since there was no information about it back then. In fact, I had no idea there was such a thing in this game, much less stage fatalities.
Yeah! I rented this game back in the day because I knew about the "fatalities", sadly I couldn't do a single one :arg: and I ended hating the game... It's really nice to finally see all the "fatalities"! nice videos!
ChameleonAlpha wrote: do you remember Fox's death scene? On top of hearing his heartbreaking speech, I saw him getting (literally) curbstomped to the ground by a giant robot!.

Epic game MG1, it was full of great scenes like that one, or like psychomantis reading your memory card, or the torture scene... I don't know if they are actually "crazy" scenes, but they are surely awesome!
Yeah yeah... sure, no problem.. ehhmmm well... bye...

ChameleonAlpha
Guru Extreme
Guru Extreme

Post by ChameleonAlpha » June 8th, 2013, 8:20 pm

I don't think the fatalities are crazy either, but they were for our impressionable young minds.

Incito
Founder
Founder
Favorite Game: Marvel vs. Capcom 2

Post by Incito » June 9th, 2013, 8:30 am

I would agree that no all are "Crazy". However, for the time the game was made, then stage fatalities where what made it crazy.

Pit death.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... R7iQ#t=42s

Death by monkeys
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... 7iQ#t=140s

The curb stomping, that indeed was crazy!

ChameleonAlpha
Guru Extreme
Guru Extreme

Post by ChameleonAlpha » June 9th, 2013, 9:06 am

EC makes Mortal Kombat look like kindergarten!

Nostalgia
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by Nostalgia » June 10th, 2013, 12:48 am

Some of the ultra combos in Killer Instinct (on certain stages) knock the opponent SOOOO far into the air. Still impresses me to this day!

ChameleonAlpha
Guru Extreme
Guru Extreme

Post by ChameleonAlpha » June 10th, 2013, 2:39 am

Even thought I learned about them like last year, these stage fatalities blow my mind.

starlingmax
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member
Favorite Game: Metal Gear 3

Post by starlingmax » June 10th, 2013, 5:28 am

This is surely crazy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... trJTn6hd8c

The first time I saw this I couldn't believe it... "is that thing RAPING those other things?!?!!" off course, the developers will never admit it, for obvious reasons, but everybody knows he was raping those mannequins!

Edited by Incito: Used link for video. Lame I know that it's ok to show "Fatalities", but not anything that could be construed as a "s.e.x.u.a.l" act. That's life.
Yeah yeah... sure, no problem.. ehhmmm well... bye...

ChameleonAlpha
Guru Extreme
Guru Extreme

Post by ChameleonAlpha » June 10th, 2013, 10:26 am

"That's the genre in a nutshell! The question of what did I just see and what does it mean. (...) You should always leave your audience with enough information to have a loose idea of what something was and what it was doing, but not enough to form a perception of it".
-PlagueOfGripes in "Let's Gripe About Horror".