Hard Video Game Bosses

Play Games, post a picture, have fun.
Incito
Founder
Founder
Favorite Game: Marvel vs. Capcom 2

Hard Video Game Bosses

Post by Incito » December 31st, 2011, 7:29 pm

Thought this would be fun. Tells us you story / nightmare of your fight with a tough video game boss. Include a picture, or even better a video of the Boss.
Here is one I found on Youtube. It's from a Japanese game called Mushihimesama.

eliaskeme
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member
Favorite Game: Snow Bros.

Re: Hard Video Game Bosses

Post by eliaskeme » January 1st, 2012, 8:31 am

Hmmm lets try to remember some of my childhood game bosses..Ogre/True Ogre was not very difficult in Tekken 3, Shinnok was not difficult either in MK4 so who should I choose? Oh I remember! This game boss that drives every player insane when they face him, OMEGA RUGAL !!!!
I dont have a video (why should I show a video getting raped?) but I do have his AWESOME stage theme:

PS: Add Spike from Spyro: Year of the Dragon. The 2nd boss but probably the most difficult (especially the 1st time you meet him).

Incito
Founder
Founder
Favorite Game: Marvel vs. Capcom 2

Post by Incito » January 1st, 2012, 11:29 am

Here is one the is just pure evil.
Metriod Prime final Boss. This boss takes so long to kill that this is a 4 part video! :wacko:
It has serveral forms, but you will be lucky to see them all.
In the first form, the boss changes color to indicate what weapon to shoot at it. This color change happens all the time and really all you can do it pull one shot off, run away (and as you do that you keep eye on the boss to see what the color is) and change weapons at the same time.
It truly is a battle!

I will only add part one here, you can see the rest if you want at youtube.

eliaskeme
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by eliaskeme » January 2nd, 2012, 4:34 pm

There's Spike !!! No video but the music is cool here too!!! My friend used to call him Rambo and I think you can see the reason why:

I'm gonna make a video now with me defeating the Spyro Bosses in ePSXe (since I couldn't complete it in PS1 due problems with the CD I had).

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Favorite Game: Alien vs Predator

Post by Hierophant » January 2nd, 2012, 7:41 pm

eliaskeme wrote:Hmmm lets try to remember some of my childhood game bosses..Ogre/True Ogre was not very difficult in Tekken 3, Shinnok was not difficult either in MK4 so who should I choose? Oh I remember! This game boss that drives every player insane when they face him, OMEGA RUGAL !!!!
Yes, Rugal, a good example of the infamous "SNK Boss Syndrome":

http://www.giantbomb.com/snk-boss-syndrome/92-2788/

I love SNK to death, but that is such a cheap way to make more money from the arcades.
Incito wrote:Metriod Prime final Boss. This boss takes so long to kill that this is a 4 part video! :wacko:
It has serveral forms, but you will be lucky to see them all.
I've beaten Metroid Prime on more than one occasion. Such a cool last boss fight!

Btw, that is actually just a two part vid. The boss is defeated around halfway through the second part.

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Favorite Game: Alien vs Predator

Post by Hierophant » January 2nd, 2012, 7:43 pm

I reached the last showdown in Zelda: Skyward Sword two nights ago, and lost, but yesterday I finally saved Zelda from the clutches of an ancient evil and restored peace to the land.

Hurrah! :link:

The whole final battle sequence is awesome and has many parts to it. I found it quite difficult on the first few attempts, even with max heart potions and the Hylian shield. It does slowly get easier once you know what the boss is doing in each section, though, so it pays to persevere.

Nostalgia
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by Nostalgia » January 3rd, 2012, 8:06 am

Me showing how it's done :bow:

I want Mushihime-sama Futari so badly Chris :mario: I love those crazy screams from the asian girls! They really get into their voice acting huh.

eliaskeme
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by eliaskeme » January 3rd, 2012, 8:52 am

Hiero just reminded me how hard was for me to beat Veran in Zelda: Oracle Of Ages in my GameBoy Color.

On the first "round" you were in the Queen Ambi's palace and he was in Naryu's (the woman you try to save the whole game) body and you had to switch your equipment all time (start with Seed Satchel with Pegasus Seeds to run quickly and catch up with Veran and Seed Shooter with Mystery Seeds to throw Naryu down and see Veran's shadow form then change your equipment to Long Hook & Sword to switch places with Veran's shadow form using the Long Hook and make Veran appear in human form and then start hitting her with Sword). Then she goes into Queen Ambi's body and in the end of the game you go to the Black Tower and fight Veran again but now she has 4 forms: Ambi's, a Bee-like form, a Turtle-like form and a Spider-like form. Each one changes randomly and you have to change your equipment rapidly to manage and inflict damage to her until you beat her. I can't describe how close I was destroying the buttons A+B in order to start changing items. Awesome times !! I would try to record me playing it on the GB emulator but there's NO way to beat Veran with the keyboard.
Last edited by eliaskeme on January 4th, 2012, 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thulsa
Arbiter
Arbiter
Favorite Game: QBert Ms Pacman

Post by Thulsa » January 3rd, 2012, 9:36 pm

Sticking with the fighting theme I choose Gill. Ugh I hate Gill. Look I beat you.... Oh wait nm you have full health again. IF you miss canceling out part of Gills revival you are doomed.

My child, you have come to me my son. For who now is your father if it is not me? I am the well spring, from which you flow. When I am gone, you will have never been. What would your world be, without me? My son.
~Thulsa Doom~

eliaskeme
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by eliaskeme » January 4th, 2012, 3:23 pm

As promised, here is my video of Spike: