Coin Door Wiring Help

Show us your cabinet, control panel, or clever mod. Tell us what you did and share how you did it. Bask in the glory!
Cooldj9239
Mame Addict Extreme
Mame Addict Extreme
Favorite Game: Galaga

Coin Door Wiring Help

Post by Cooldj9239 » October 24th, 2010, 7:02 am

:help: :help: ok sorry to make this short but typed it in twice and messed up first time hd a whole long paragraph here lol ok i just finished my mame quite a while ago everything working fine have to buy a tankstick still but i need help wiring my coin door up to work when i insert a coin please i made i video showing what i have what the wires go to where they end and everything please help me with the wiring can i wire it to an old usb controller ? if so how a keyboard ? or a minipac ? please help ill post the video some picture link for my photobucket and a video i also found that looks similar if not just like mine and ill label them :???: :???:

My Video

Other Video just like mine

My Photo Bucket pictues also the wires have been cut at the end if you need a picture of what i mean ill post another on my photobucket http://s556.photobucket.com/albums/ss3/cooldj9239/
Image The Better Chun Li Tod vor Unehre Image Frogger NNNoooooo!!

Nostalgia
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Re: Coin Door Wiring Help

Post by Nostalgia » October 24th, 2010, 7:13 am

There's at least 1 or 2 blokes here who can help you out mate, just a matter of time waiting for them to come online (they have families etc :P).

Cooldj9239
Mame Addict Extreme
Mame Addict Extreme

Post by Cooldj9239 » October 24th, 2010, 7:33 am

i know i just got off work and its been bugging me all week but ill be at the newnet event but keeps saying error i know this isnt the place but ill pm ya

Nostalgia
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Post by Nostalgia » October 24th, 2010, 8:13 am

I got your PM, I had I think the same problem but it's just when you download the TS stuff there is a download from US and another from EU or something and you have to pick the right one. Sorry about that, we need to fix that up in the tutorial but I guarantee like I said in my PM to you if you pick the other one you will be fine mate.

:offtopic:

Cooldj9239
Mame Addict Extreme
Mame Addict Extreme

Post by Cooldj9239 » October 25th, 2010, 2:02 am

i hope they get on soon to help me with my coin door problem lol its driving me mad :uh: dont know how i would hook it up power wise and connecting it to my computer dont know what one is ground what one is power and what to plug into the computer

Incito
Founder
Founder
Favorite Game: Marvel vs. Capcom 2

Post by Incito » October 26th, 2010, 9:58 pm

PM Maxrage and let him know I sent you. He has about 5 (or more?) cabs that he has done. He has the most experience with this and he is good about pm'ing back. I bet he could help.

Also, when you do find the solution, add it to this post please. We like happy ending here. :tongue:

My 10 cents..............
It is a switch like any other. I don't know what you are using for a keyboard encoder, but wire that up to the encoder (encoders usually have what key they represent printed on the pcb) and then in mame, open a game, press TAB, then in interface options / or Other options, select coin, then press enter, then toggle the switch. That will map it.

It should be no different than a button or joy movement using a micro-switch? However, I am no expert and I have not even done a coin door mech. Like I said....my 10 cents.

Cooldj9239
Mame Addict Extreme
Mame Addict Extreme

Post by Cooldj9239 » October 26th, 2010, 10:37 pm

i know its just like a switch and stuff but wouldnt know how to wire it or what to use as far ha how to power it and use it for my cab i dont have a keyboard encoder or a tankstick just yet just using usb controllers as of now till then but if he replies back and help i would post the answer on here yea like i said i found that video similar to mine but how would i wire it so my cab picks it up and how do i power it ? thats the question for me could i use a mini pac and then usb it ? if so how would i wire it ? but thanks chris i dont know if maxrage has been on for a while because i havent seen him ? but i will pm him its just driving me crazy tryion to figure it out lol :uh:

Incito
Founder
Founder

Post by Incito » May 23rd, 2013, 4:32 pm

Soon the long awaited answer will be posted as I have manage to power up my coin mech with my new cab.

ebarlow99

Post by ebarlow99 » May 29th, 2013, 7:20 am

what do you need to know? I am sure I can help!

Incito
Founder
Founder

Post by Incito » May 29th, 2013, 7:36 am

Thanks, but I figured out two methods.

Hooking up to Power Supply, or if your PS does not have to juice, then use an old cell phone charger to connect the lamps to am outlet.

I di both methods.

Opted for the 2nd cause it is more convenient if I want to extend the life of the bulbs (incandescent so far. Planning oin LED soon.)