Arcade Cabinet Discussion/Advice

Show us your cabinet, control panel, or clever mod. Tell us what you did and share how you did it. Bask in the glory!
Thulsa
Arbiter
Arbiter
Favorite Game: QBert Ms Pacman

Re: Arcade Cabinet Discussion/Advice

Post by Thulsa » February 10th, 2010, 4:40 pm

@ Suits

Yeah the packaging is pretty light on the inside. However there are two outer layers that are very substantial. It is not the best packing job I have seen nor the worse. The condition of the Arcade really has to do with two things.

1. Being shipped acorss the whole of the United States twice.

2. The shipping company which I have never heard of basically dropped it once or twice. The pallet it was strapped two was pretty much in pieces upon delivery.

The latest update from Dream Arcades. The packing company will be picking up the broken Arcade Thursday the 11th. My new Arcade had it's spinner/dial put on back order so they will be shipping it express at no cost to get it to me once it is completed. I am hoping for a Friday arrival. :)

One thing I have not mentioned is the company has also sent me a T-Shirt, Coffee Mug, and a Microsoft Video Pinball disk. With the small refund they gave me and covering all the extra shipping charges Dream Arcades has really gone out of it's way to fix the situation.

So here is to hoping Shipment #3 fairs better and everything is OK. Or else I will be getting an Arcade from somewhere else.
My child, you have come to me my son. For who now is your father if it is not me? I am the well spring, from which you flow. When I am gone, you will have never been. What would your world be, without me? My son.
~Thulsa Doom~

Thulsa
Arbiter
Arbiter

Post by Thulsa » February 18th, 2010, 1:06 pm

Today is the day! Take 3 for my cabinet from Dream Arcades.

Let's see how this one fairs. I am hoping everything works out today.
My child, you have come to me my son. For who now is your father if it is not me? I am the well spring, from which you flow. When I am gone, you will have never been. What would your world be, without me? My son.
~Thulsa Doom~

Maxrage
Guru Supreme
Guru Supreme
Favorite Game: KILLERINSTINCT

Post by Maxrage » March 31st, 2010, 9:30 pm

good luck

Incito
Founder
Founder
Favorite Game: Marvel vs. Capcom 2

Post by Incito » April 1st, 2010, 6:44 pm

Tell us, who is the shipping company?

Thulsa
Arbiter
Arbiter

Post by Thulsa » April 2nd, 2010, 6:20 am

It was called a company called DB Schenker

http://www.dbschenkerusa.com/

All is said and done with the Arcade but it was an ordeal.
~Thulsa Doom~

Incito
Founder
Founder
Favorite Game: Marvel vs. Capcom 2

Post by Incito » May 31st, 2010, 9:51 am

It looks pretty sweet!

Hex92

Post by Hex92 » July 18th, 2013, 12:35 pm

Sorry to revive an old thread, but this is the topic I was researching when I found this website.

Thulsa: You have had this machine for awhile. What do you think of it? Was it worth the hassle, money, etc?

Thulsa
Arbiter
Arbiter

Post by Thulsa » July 22nd, 2013, 1:49 pm

In the end it was worth it. I still use the cabinet all the time. It has held up well.

IT was a hassle as there were a few shipping issues and damages. However the company went out of there way to fix everything. Once it got straightened out I consider it one of my wiser purchases. lol

I already had a pc setup for mame. All I had to do was turn on the PC adjust a few controls and I was good to go. I would buy another custom cab again given the opportunity.
~Thulsa Doom~

gpzjack
Guru Supreme
Guru Supreme
Favorite Game: 1943

Post by gpzjack » August 6th, 2013, 9:30 am

I haven't found any premade cabs that i like. I find it easier and cheaper just to recondition a old cab. :smile: