Golden Tee 2005

Show us your cabinet, control panel, or clever mod. Tell us what you did and share how you did it. Bask in the glory!
usins17

Golden Tee 2005

Post by usins17 » December 8th, 2014, 10:07 pm

I have a question. I am new to the MAME construction. I have a golden tee 2005 and was thinking of getting a x-arcade and hooking it up to a motherboard. Does anyone know if you can run front end software on that motherboard with that monitor?

usins17

Re: Golden Tee 2005

Post by usins17 » December 9th, 2014, 8:57 am

After ready the post over let me be a little more clear. Does anyone know if I will need to replace the board and the monitor to run front end software to make it a mame cabinet or can I just hook up a Windows hard drive and use the existing board and video card. The monitor doesn't look like it has normal vga hookups. Thanks.

Incito
Founder
Founder
Favorite Game: Marvel vs. Capcom 2

Re: Golden Tee 2005

Post by Incito » December 10th, 2014, 1:09 pm

usins17 wrote:Does anyone know if you can run front end software on that motherboard with that monitor?
Those monitors require some "hacking" and can be very dangerous since they retain voltage at a fatal level. I would be VERY CAREFUL with this. Due to the safety issue, Admins and myself will not make suggestions on this. You can buy monitors from x-gaming that will work with a PC.

If you want a frontend, you need a PC and a monitor that will hook up to a PC using VGA/DVI/HDMI , depending on your video card.