MAME Bezel Instructional Art

Show us your cabinet, control panel, or clever mod. Tell us what you did and share how you did it. Bask in the glory!
Alpha
Gamer
Gamer

MAME Bezel Instructional Art

Post by Alpha » December 19th, 2013, 5:20 pm

Hi Im new here was wondering if anybody had some good custom instructional art I wanted to put some art on my lexan bezel in that unused black space around the screen...Im sure everyones seen the instructional art for dedicated cabs but I wanted one that would work for MAME cab that is packed with games...so Itd be just a general Coin for Credits, 1 player or 2 player, Select Game from List, Hit "A" to select, 1player start 2player start, etc... im assuming you get my drift from here. Please let me know am interested I am very proficient in photoshop as am a graphic designer by day, but cant figure out a good starting point! Thanks!! :thumbsup:

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Favorite Game: Alien vs Predator

Re: MAME Bezel Instructional Art

Post by Hierophant » December 22nd, 2013, 5:09 pm

If it was me, I'd be doing it in the traditional style with instructions clearly visible on plain white cards against whatever background art there happens to be. For example, this Pac-Man bezel:

http://mrdo.mameworld.info/page_img/pacman.png

Alpha
Gamer
Gamer

Post by Alpha » January 22nd, 2014, 1:48 am

I would do that but do you think it would look tacky to change the instructions to a very general use not exactly game specific an if it would still look good for a mame cabinet

Alpha
Gamer
Gamer

Post by Alpha » January 22nd, 2014, 4:42 am

This is what I decided to go with make my own for the old school instructional look that will work for mame an also wanted to show off all my other artwork I designed that I got printed off for me to put on my new bartop project :D :D

Let me know what ya guys think!!

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Favorite Game: Alien vs Predator

Post by Hierophant » January 22nd, 2014, 7:19 pm

Great work! :woot:

Overall, it is very pleasing to my eye. If I'm being picky, the only thing that bothers me slightly is the kerning on the word "INSTRUCTIONS". I think there needs to be a bit more spacing, especially after the "I" letters.

Alpha
Gamer
Gamer

Post by Alpha » January 22nd, 2014, 7:24 pm

Ahh yea good eye Iprobably should have noticed that but it was like 4am lol but Igot the PSD file still so I can go in am change it

Incito
Founder
Founder
Favorite Game: Marvel vs. Capcom 2

Post by Incito » January 22nd, 2014, 8:17 pm

I like the serial / model tag! Great idea to make your own.
Are you printing / stamping it on metal?

PantherUK
Favorite Game: Final Fight

Post by PantherUK » January 23rd, 2014, 2:14 am

I'm liking the serial tag a lot too... Nice work mate... :thumbsup:
Ooer... No pictures...

Alpha
Gamer
Gamer

Post by Alpha » January 23rd, 2014, 10:57 am

yea thanks im contemplating a few routes to take with the serial tag the cheapest way being just printing it on vinyl an sticking it on there, and then the other end of the spectrum getting it made onto metal... so also an idea was to print it on high quality vinyl an stick that to a piece of thinner metal an then mount it so idk lol, but i will post pics of what i decide to do when its done :D

Alpha
Gamer
Gamer

Post by Alpha » February 26th, 2014, 2:26 pm

What I have done so far wanted to update you guys i have almost all the painting done for the front parts then gonna have it black on the sides with the green t-molding let me know what you guys think so far!! :thumbsup: