Computer to arcade monitor hook up

Show us your cabinet, control panel, or clever mod. Tell us what you did and share how you did it. Bask in the glory!
jcarey

Computer to arcade monitor hook up

Post by jcarey » October 30th, 2013, 1:02 am

I have a Wells and Gardner k7000 and I'm trying to get it to hook up to my computer. The monitor powers on but when I connect it to my computer it instantly blows the fuse. I have it connected to Ultimarc's vga card via a breakout cable. I am using a video amp as well. This makes it simple to hook the breakout cable between monitor and computer. I have read that a video amp is unnecessary on Wells and Gardner monitors because they do not need the extra volts. I'm guessing this extra voltage is why the fuse was blowing, but I wanted to see if it sounds logical to others. If I cannot use the video amp is there a easy way to hook up the k7000 to the computer or do I have to connect the chassis wires (r,g.b. ground, syncs) to the pins on the breakout cable? Thanks for the help.

jyarrison
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member
Favorite Game: Golden Tee

Re: Computer to arcade monitor hook up

Post by jyarrison » October 30th, 2013, 8:43 am

hmmm...well the fuse is blowing for a reason so I would suggest not using the video amp and see what happens there.

As far as the video connection, check the link below. This should help you in wiring up a connection to go straight to the VGA output on your PC.

http://www.instructables.com/id/MAME-Ca ... or-hookup/
JY