Away for a while but found some time for another.

Show us your cabinet, control panel, or clever mod. Tell us what you did and share how you did it. Bask in the glory!
gpzjack
Guru Supreme
Guru Supreme
Favorite Game: 1943

Away for a while but found some time for another.

Post by gpzjack » August 4th, 2013, 8:08 pm

Been away for while. Bought a second home in the mountains and it drained me of time and energy. Finally getting back to normal and decided to build a cab for the house. My house is on the small side so i'm building this unit to house my home theater/gaming pc , home theater reciever, wii, ps3 and xbox 360. I also put sega model 3 on this on and i'm still working out some of the controls. :)

gpzjack
Guru Supreme
Guru Supreme

Re: Away for a while but found some time for another.

Post by gpzjack » August 6th, 2013, 9:03 am

Just have to get the tmolding on and make up a door for the bottom. The computer is a dual core 2.4 with a 2tb drive for movies and another tb made up of several hd's to store music, mame etc.

gpzjack
Guru Supreme
Guru Supreme

Post by gpzjack » August 13th, 2013, 11:33 am

I'm drywalling all the walls so all the wiring will be hidden once done. Only thing i want to do is add a tinted plexi door to the bottom.

I have a pc with all my game and all my movies in the cab. I ran the pc to a hdmi switching reciever and i have it setup as a dual screen. The video games play on the cab and movies play on the tv. I also have ps3, xbox360, and wii in the cab. :)

Hoping to start work on my completely new cab for my basement in the next week. I'm going to do a full cab from scratch and a complete custom control panel with spinner and trackball.

ebarlow99

Post by ebarlow99 » August 13th, 2013, 11:36 am

nice! are you gonna do your own cp or use the tankstick?

I'm gonna do a pedestal for my basement with a 39" on the wall....... something about the look of them I like

keep up the good work!!!

gpzjack
Guru Supreme
Guru Supreme

Post by gpzjack » August 13th, 2013, 4:03 pm

I think i'm going to build my own cp. I worked on a homemade one the other day and it was pretty sweet. Especially since i want a spinner.

Incito
Founder
Founder
Favorite Game: Marvel vs. Capcom 2

Post by Incito » August 14th, 2013, 4:06 pm

I build my own CP using tankstick parts. Works good for me.

Also, you should (If you dont already) put a video card in there that allow dual monitors so your friends can watch you play on the Big Tv there. :evilgrin:

gpzjack
Guru Supreme
Guru Supreme

Post by gpzjack » August 14th, 2013, 5:40 pm

It is a dual card. I play movies from the computer as well and i can set it up to mirror the game system :)