Changing Top of X-Arcade Tankstick Joystick

Show us your cabinet, control panel, or clever mod. Tell us what you did and share how you did it. Bask in the glory!
orbit79

Changing Top of X-Arcade Tankstick Joystick

Post by orbit79 » July 22nd, 2013, 8:08 pm

Hi all,

I am aware that one can change the joystick in the tankstick, depending on brand, with or without some re-routing. However, I'm actually not that unhappy with the standard sticks, and mostly would just like a cosmetic change. As such, I'd like to change the black battops for battops of a different colour, or maybe even a balltops (if possible). I've seen how to remove the tops of sticks online, by holding a screwdriver at the bottom of the stick and twisting the top. The tankstick however does not appear to have a screw groove anywhere on the bottom of the stick. As such, I'm not sure how to do it and thought I'd look for some advice before I accidentally break something. Has anyone done this? Advice?

Cheers.

Incito
Founder
Founder
Favorite Game: Marvel vs. Capcom 2

Re: Changing Top of X-Arcade Tankstick Joystick

Post by Incito » July 23rd, 2013, 1:05 pm

Hmmm :confused:

The question I have is have you confirmed that the replacement part will fit?

X-Gaming are pretty quick to answer question.

1-866-942-6464

Give'em a shout and post your results here so others will know the answer in the future. :yes:

orbit79

Re: Changing Top of X-Arcade Tankstick Joystick

Post by orbit79 » July 28th, 2013, 8:38 pm

Incito wrote:Hmmm :confused:

The question I have is have you confirmed that the replacement part will fit?

X-Gaming are pretty quick to answer question.

1-866-942-6464

Give'em a shout and post your results here so others will know the answer in the future. :yes:
Cheers, for other people's reference, I received the following reply after emailing them:

"The bats-tops are permanently attached to the shaft on our joysticks. I don't know of a shaft/stick that will work in our base either. So I think you would need to buy a new joystick to do that. For bat-tops the Happ Super or competition, or iL Eurostik will fit without routering. For ball-tops the exclusive ones from TwistedQuarter.com will fit without routering."

Cheers :smile: