X Gaming Control PCB - Help Please

Show us your cabinet, control panel, or clever mod. Tell us what you did and share how you did it. Bask in the glory!
TRS
Favorite Game: Galaga

X Gaming Control PCB - Help Please

Post by TRS » July 7th, 2013, 4:48 pm

Halp! :sad:
I am in the process of constructing the control panel for my first ever MAME cab.
I found a great deal on ebay for joysticks, buttons and the necessary pcb to connect all those glorious switches to a PC.
Here's the thing I am banging my head against the wall on:
I have the PCB ready to be wired to the microswitches, however, I did not get the color-coded wiring harness with the nifty labels on them...so, basically I have no idea how to wire the controls.
I searched X Gaming's website (DIY 2 player controls) read the FAQ and got the schematics, but all the schematics reference the color-coded, labeled wiring harness. :sad:

So, here I sit trying to jump-out multiple configurations while using xgaming's online control tester.
http://www.xgaming.com/service/ServiceF ... /test.html

Can someone please suggest where I can get an advanced or formal schematic for the button configurations?
This is my first post and my first cabinet build so please be gentle. Thanks.

ChiliPepp3r
Mame Addict Supreme
Mame Addict Supreme
Favorite Game: Marvel vs. Capcom 2

Re: X Gaming Control PCB - Help Please

Post by ChiliPepp3r » July 12th, 2013, 3:19 pm

I don't think it really matters how you wire up the buttons, as long as you get the ground wire correct.

I got the same kit (but with the color-coded harness), but I pretty much cut all the labels off & just wired them the way that they fit the best.

I'm not sure if you've seen this document, but it may be useful to you:
http://www.xgaming.com/service/BYO-Supp ... #Schematic

I know it references colors again, but it shows the correlation b/w buttons & where they are typically connected on the PCB (which jumpers).

Incito
Founder
Founder
Favorite Game: Marvel vs. Capcom 2

Re: X Gaming Control PCB - Help Please

Post by Incito » July 16th, 2013, 12:26 pm

Nice find Cili!