Happ Coin Door Credit Buttons

Show us your cabinet, control panel, or clever mod. Tell us what you did and share how you did it. Bask in the glory!
ebarlow99

Happ Coin Door Credit Buttons

Post by ebarlow99 » June 18th, 2013, 7:24 am

FYI.....for those that use the HAPP coin door

there is a way to set up your credit return buttons to work any way you want too set them up

There are 2 microswitches that come with the coin door...but they are positioned at the bottom of the coin door. I removed them and placed them right behind the credit buttons(use 2 small screws and drill into plastic).....see pic......then I wired them to the IPAC and I set them as "Coin In" and "Start" on them!

That takes 2 buttons away from your CP.....

Nostalgia
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Re: Happ Coin Door Credit Buttons

Post by Nostalgia » June 18th, 2013, 7:36 am

Thanks a lot mate, we really appreciate these helpful cab-related threads. I WISH i had a cab! I can work MAME but anything outside of running it on a PC and i'm useless. It seems to me like more and more people are getting cabs though so this stuff is really useful for our forum.

Happy gaming to you, sir. I'm sure this will help a lot of people :hello:

I'm really really wanting to get a mame cab lately! The bug has finally bitten! Something with Killer Instinct, Street Fighter 2, etc. Gonna need to sort something out soon....

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Favorite Game: Alien vs Predator

Re: Happ Coin Door Credit Buttons

Post by Hierophant » June 22nd, 2013, 7:53 pm

Interesting idea, ebarlow99. Less CP buttons is always a good thing... well, for most people at least:

http://www.jamesonline.net/arcade/crapm ... ges/10.jpg :ohmy:

If you do end up going for a MAME cab, Nos, it can be a relatively simple matter these days. Imagine how it was, say, 10 or more years ago, when you'd have to build up almost everything yourself. Since then, a cottage industry has grown around people wanting MAME cabs and if someone has no facilities or desire for the DIY stuff, it's not a problem anymore.