BFP's Arcade Cabinet Build

Show us your cabinet, control panel, or clever mod. Tell us what you did and share how you did it. Bask in the glory!
BackForwardPunch
Mame Addict Supreme
Mame Addict Supreme

BFP's Arcade Cabinet Build

Post by BackForwardPunch » November 4th, 2012, 11:07 pm

Hey guys, been absent from internet in general for a while but starting a cabinet setup that I want to sort of log as I go. So far I've just go the monitor hooked up, and some plans for the final build itself.
Here's a Video showing it off.

I plan to hook up all my retro consoles to it to get the best pictures from them and really keep the original CRT experience.

Part List (More to come):

[*]MakVision 27/29" Tri-Mode Arcade Monitor
Spec Sheet Link:
http://na.suzohapp.com/monitors/49271500.htm

I'll put up design drawings and post more as I go. Any tips would be appreciated as well! :smile:

Atarix777
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member

Re: BFP's Arcade Cabinet Build

Post by Atarix777 » November 5th, 2012, 2:58 am

Awesome, we want more picutres :-)

Hey Steve, its been a while, what are u up to, how is it going?

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Favorite Game: Alien vs Predator

Post by Hierophant » November 5th, 2012, 4:46 am

Cheers, Steve! Thanks for taking the time to post your build here. It'll be awesome to see more of what you come up with as you go.

It's a shame that CRTs are going extinct. I would've thought there would always be some sorta market for them so long as retro gaming still exists.

Your sketch of the projected cab design kinda reminded me of Computer Space. Cool!

:V:

Incito
Founder
Founder
Favorite Game: Marvel vs. Capcom 2

Post by Incito » November 7th, 2012, 8:19 pm

Evil Steve is BACK! :liil:

Thulsa
Arbiter
Arbiter
Favorite Game: QBert Ms Pacman

Post by Thulsa » November 8th, 2012, 10:22 am

nice, Welcome back!
My child, you have come to me my son. For who now is your father if it is not me? I am the well spring, from which you flow. When I am gone, you will have never been. What would your world be, without me? My son.
~Thulsa Doom~

BackForwardPunch
Mame Addict Supreme
Mame Addict Supreme

Post by BackForwardPunch » January 13th, 2014, 10:29 am

Hey guys, been a WHILE since I did any kind of update for this, I'm definitely slow goin'.

Have I done anything?

Well, I wired up cables for my SNES, Genesis, Playstation, and Saturn. Dreamcast has it's own VGA adapter.
Here's a pic.
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-BoPc ... -no/14+-+1

I am interested in doing build soon, I talked to a friend of mine who does some carpentry. I am really interested in the japanese style cabs, this one in particular catches my eye as a simple design that looks very nice. https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-84nC ... Status.jpg
It's called the Capcom Status 25.

One question the carpenter had was, stability with a 120 lb monitor resting in the frame... How is this usually mounted in a cabinet?
Wanted to be able to show him how it's usually done, so he gets the idea... he's never built an arcade machine before.