My First Mame Cabinet

Show us your cabinet, control panel, or clever mod. Tell us what you did and share how you did it. Bask in the glory!
ninjadog

Re: My First Mame Cabinet

Post by ninjadog » October 22nd, 2012, 10:10 pm

Nice job that thing is sick! Maybe the nicest one I have seen yet (I just joined yesterday lol) But dig the speaker controls w/ headphone jack. Carbon fiber is a nice touch. And I love that you have Slap Fight in one of the pics, one of my favorite childhood games. BTW do you know about the secret where after you start the game you don't shoot for as long as possible and when you die you come back with full wings and heatseekers? Have no idea how a kid i knew figured that out in 1986 at the local laundromat.

Baraka

Post by Baraka » November 15th, 2012, 10:31 pm

ninjadog wrote:BTW do you know about the secret where after you start the game you don't shoot for as long as possible and when you die you come back with full wings and heatseekers? Have no idea how a kid i knew figured that out in 1986 at the local laundromat.
Ha Ninjadog! That statement is what it is all about! I have fond memories of playing arcade games at my local laundromat, gas stations, and corner markets. You just took me back. :smile:

I would also be remiss if I did not mention how amazing your cabinet looks Vedderist! That carbon fiber accent really ties the room together does it not? (Sorry for the Lebowski quote :blush: )

I also love the Marquee. I see you went with Flat Black huh? My Dynamo 2 generic Cab needs a new coat of black and I have been dreading how it would turn out with flat black, but you have sold me on the idea. Kudos on the great work!

Chevron
Mame Addict Supreme
Mame Addict Supreme

Post by Chevron » November 16th, 2012, 6:40 am

This is exactly the way i wanted my Bartop to look.
Nice black and the carbon fiber Control panel and no T molding.

Really looks great. nice work.

baezl

Post by baezl » September 15th, 2013, 7:06 am

Love your build!!!! I joined this site to comment on your build. Now I am addicted to this site.

Do you have more build pictures you can share? Measurements? etc. The build plans in your first pic, these from project mame? I zoomed in and started searching for days on those plans and think I found a match but not sure.

I am specifically wondering how you mounted the bezel at the top and at the bottom and how the monitor is pushed against it. If possible maybe some control panel information.

Basically I will take whatever your willing to share.

Again, love it!!! Exactly what I want to build. Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks'

Luis

Vedderist
Gamer Supreme
Gamer Supreme
Favorite Game: Raiden

Post by Vedderist » September 15th, 2013, 7:44 pm

I received an email from a guy called Luis. For some reason it didn't come up as a PM. If your on here mate can you PM me and I'll try to answer you questions.

Cheers
I know I was Born....I Know that I'll Die....The In-between is Mine

baezl

Post by baezl » September 15th, 2013, 7:55 pm

I am still new to the forum so cannot send PMs. I posted question previously waiting for approval from admins.

Basically love your build and was wondering if you had more detailed pics, specifically around the monitor and bezel. Did you use project MAME plans to build this?

I love the size and layout and any measurements, more detailed pics, etc, basically anything your willing to share let me know.

Thanks

Luis

kma

Post by kma » September 16th, 2013, 7:41 pm

Very, Very nice indeed.