Snaps Marquees and Flyers

MAME Gurus come to your aide to help you. Please use the search before adding a topic. This will help cut down on having multiple topics with the same subject.
boisestate78
Mame Addict
Mame Addict

Snaps Marquees and Flyers

Post by boisestate78 » December 9th, 2010, 6:08 pm

I m running Mame 32 and have downloaded snaps marquees and flyers but have had no luck getting them to show up on my Maximus Arcade front end. I ve unzipped the files and put them in the folder labeled as such in mame 32.

gratzme
Gamer Extreme
Gamer Extreme

Re: Snaps Marquees and Flyers

Post by gratzme » December 10th, 2010, 12:55 pm

Have you told maximus arcade where they are?

Incito
Founder
Founder
Favorite Game: Marvel vs. Capcom 2

Re: Show Snaps Marquees and Flyers in Maximus Arcade.

Post by Incito » December 10th, 2010, 3:44 pm

I am not real familiar with that frontend, sorry.
I would think, like gratzme said, you need to find the file that is used to tell the program where the images are, and use the correct path.

Burns
Mame Addict Supreme
Mame Addict Supreme

Post by Burns » December 12th, 2010, 5:29 am

Most likely there's a .ini file that assigns where the frontend searches for those pictures, in which case you have to find that (it will probably named something like settings.ini, or if it's in a specific platform folder mame32.ini), open that in notepad, and change the directory to where all of those pictures are. If that doesn't help, tell me and i'll download Maximus and see what i can find for you.
Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone

Thulsa
Arbiter
Arbiter
Favorite Game: QBert Ms Pacman

Post by Thulsa » December 12th, 2010, 11:43 am

I concur with burns. Almost all front ends need to be told where that file with all the pics actually is. Mala is similar to the fact that you have to create the folder, place it in a Directory than tell mala where to find that folder and directory.
My child, you have come to me my son. For who now is your father if it is not me? I am the well spring, from which you flow. When I am gone, you will have never been. What would your world be, without me? My son.
~Thulsa Doom~

gratzme
Gamer Extreme
Gamer Extreme

Post by gratzme » December 12th, 2010, 2:54 pm

Maximus arcade is GUI, so there is no ini files to edit. Its nice and simple to setup. In the maximus arcade preferences, where you told maximus to look for mame (mame.exe) and its roms there is more than likely below it similar sections to tell maximus where your snaps etc are. Like others here not to sure about maximus im affraid but there is alot of support out there.

discjedi

Post by discjedi » August 20th, 2015, 8:39 am

For Maximus Arcade, its quote easy to set the screenshot path.

To do so, while in Maximus Arcade, hit CTRL + P to go into Preferences then click the Configuration tab, choose the appropriate System from the drop-down (d.g. MAME) and then choose the IMAGES (optional) path by clicking on the browse [folder icon] button.

The place where you host the images or screenshots must contain JPGs or PNGs etc with the exact same file-name as its ROM counterpart.

Voila! :mario:

Incito
Founder
Founder
Favorite Game: Marvel vs. Capcom 2

Post by Incito » August 24th, 2015, 1:53 pm

Thanks for that info discjedi. :yes: