USB controller hack....wheres the ground wire go to????

MAME Gurus come to your aide to help you. Please use the search before adding a topic. This will help cut down on having multiple topics with the same subject.
pistolhughes01

USB controller hack....wheres the ground wire go to????

Post by pistolhughes01 » November 29th, 2008, 10:19 pm

Saw Chris' attempts on this from youtube... great vids, boutght some pads and they pcb board looks nothing like I have seen anywhere else... (all other how to's have easy to see button and ground terminals... mine do not)

Please see pics and advise on how I should wire this controller up!

It is as if each button has the full copper button, but then there is a small circle next to it!!!!

Thanks

Incito
Founder
Founder
Favorite Game: Marvel vs. Capcom 2

Re: USB controller hack....wheres the ground wire go to????

Post by Incito » November 30th, 2008, 11:45 am

Where are the pics at? Could you post a link or use the Img button above and paste you image url in between the [img] [/img] tags.

Incito
Founder
Founder
Favorite Game: Marvel vs. Capcom 2

Re: USB controller hack....wheres the ground wire go to????

Post by Incito » December 1st, 2008, 11:40 am

I put you pics on my photobucket account.

Here are the pics I have of your controller, I didn't put all on here either.

ImageImageImage

The small circle are what you solder to. As for the ground, the pictures are very blurry so I can make it out or follow the connections. It will NOT be connected to any button. As for your L1 and R! shoulder buttons, the 3 solder points on the oposite side of where the wire are connected is were you look to solder for these buttons. Determine which point is ground (black or white, some times green) and which is not. Then solder on the point were the wire is the signal , NOT the ground.

I will be making a PDF instructions for download (members only of course) that will be on the downloads section here. Look for it in January though. :?