MAME Cheats Help Desk

MAME Gurus come to your aide to help you. Please use the search before adding a topic. This will help cut down on having multiple topics with the same subject.
elvis1118

Re: MAME Cheats Help Desk

Post by elvis1118 » March 31st, 2014, 3:49 pm

pausing it at the main screen actually worked so thanks a lot for your help and i'm sorry for posting my question in the wrong thing im still trying to get the hang of this.

mattp
Mame Addict
Mame Addict

Double Dragon II Invincibility 'ON' PL1 Cheat MAME 0.139u1

Post by mattp » November 29th, 2015, 5:47 pm

Hi all,

A question that's been bugging me for years...

I'm playing Double Dragon II on MAME4droid (0.139u1). Regarding this cheat in the cheats menu:

Invincibility 'ON' PL1

Cheat Comment: to be used when you blink, you do not get invincibility against holds though!

Has anyone ever made this cheat work? I've tried activating the cheat at all sorts of times during the game (including when I'm "blinking" after respawning) but it never seems to have any effect.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Matt P

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Favorite Game: Alien vs Predator

Post by Hierophant » November 30th, 2015, 4:43 am

Hey, Matt, I moved your post the Cheats section. :hello:

I don't have that particular version of MAME. However, I can activate the Double Dragon II invincibility cheat in some nearby versions. For me, it's simply a matter of turning the cheat on, letting my character die, then on the next man I keep blinking and am invincible. Unfortunately, at least as far as I can tell for now, the cheat seems to be useless since your attacks almost never connect with the enemies anymore once you've become invincible.

mattp
Mame Addict
Mame Addict

Post by mattp » November 30th, 2015, 7:15 am

Hi Hierophant,

Thanks for solving this. Everything you experienced applies to 0.139u1 (I checked it out).

I'm disappointed that the cheat is effectively useless, due to not being able to connect any attacks...but I'm happy that I'm no longer wondering about it!

Thanks again for your help.

Matt

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Hierophant » November 30th, 2015, 8:47 pm

It doesn't really matter about the invincibility cheat being bugged, though. You can get pretty much the same end result anyway with infinite lives or energy.

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Hierophant » June 24th, 2019, 1:12 am

MAME Cheats Fun - Fighting Layer

Here I am having fun with some of the weird results of using MAME Cheats in Fighting Layer. :woot:

https://youtu.be/TThVHvzZ9SM