MAME Cheats Help Desk

MAME Gurus come to your aide to help you. Please use the search before adding a topic. This will help cut down on having multiple topics with the same subject.
Incito
Founder
Founder
Favorite Game: Marvel vs. Capcom 2

Re: MAME Cheats Help Desk

Post by Incito » October 8th, 2010, 10:09 am

GUN LAW, now that's a name! :evilgrin:

eliaskeme
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member
Favorite Game: Snow Bros.

Post by eliaskeme » October 8th, 2010, 10:10 am

:goodpost: Thanks for helping figuring out the name Chris !!!!

Leprekaun

Tekken Ver. B (tekkenub.zip) - Unlock all characters request

Post by Leprekaun » December 23rd, 2011, 9:40 am

Hello all. I just wanted to know if anyone found any cheat that can enable all characters in Tekken (TE4/VER.C). Thanks.

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Favorite Game: Alien vs Predator

Post by Hierophant » December 24th, 2011, 5:35 am

I guess you're talking about a cheat that could unlock all characters at Tekken's character select screen. No such cheat exists yet. However, you can still access secret characters in Tekken with the Select Character P1/P2 cheat.

eliaskeme
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member
Favorite Game: Snow Bros.

Post by eliaskeme » December 25th, 2011, 3:42 pm

You can do that (unlock and have permanently all the characters) in Tekken 2 though.

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Hierophant » December 25th, 2011, 7:27 pm

Another one I already showed how to do that for is Tekken Tag: viewtopic.php?p=4396#p4396

It works a bit differently in Tekken 2 though. At the Unlock All Characters cheat, turn it On then press F2 twice and it should be saved for all time.

elvis1118

game help

Post by elvis1118 » March 24th, 2014, 5:15 am

hey guys i was hoping someone here could help me with a problem i'm having and it is with the terminator 2 arcade game the game itself runs fine the problem is when i go to use the level select cheat everytime i pick the level i want to go to when i start the game i always wind up starting at level 1 no matter what i do. Dont know if this will help or not but just incase i'm using mame 32 product version 0.91 thanks for any help you guys can give me.

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Terminator 2 - Select Current Level Cheat

Post by Hierophant » March 24th, 2014, 8:49 pm

Hey, elvis1118. Since we have a dedicated help topic for MAME Cheats, I moved your question here. :hello:

This is how the Terminator 2 level select cheat works for me in MAME 0.119:
  1. Insert a coin [5] and start a game [1].
  2. Next there will be a green coloured screen which says "THE FOLLOWING ATTRACTION HAS BEEN APPROVED FOR ALL AUDIENCES BY THE MOTION PICTURE GAMING ASSOCIATION OF AMERICA". Pause the emulation here [P].
  3. Open the in-game MAME options menu [Tab]. In Cheats, highlight Select current level - Set. Press [Enter] then use [arrow] keys to choose a number from 02-09 (where 02 is level 1 and 09 is the ending). Press [Enter] again to confirm the selection.
  4. Exit the MAME options menu [Tab] and resume the emulation [P].

elvis1118

Re: Terminator 2 - Select Current Level Cheat

Post by elvis1118 » March 26th, 2014, 7:54 pm

thank you very much for the response i really appreciate it.i read about this method and tried it before i came to this board but like all my other attempts it did not work i also happened to notice my menu seems to be different because mine does not say select current level sent unless i'm doing something wrong but mine says current level select off and it can be switched to on but there seems to be no other option besides on and off also my level select goes from 1-8 not 2-9 and atthe top of the level selection screen when i get into it it says "select a value"

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Hierophant » March 28th, 2014, 2:25 am

OK, all I can tell you right now is that there is another level select option in 0.119 called Select next level - Set. For that one you pause the emulation on the title screen instead and input the level select there. Maybe that's much the same as how it should work on the older version of MAME you have.