Little problem here

MAME Gurus come to your aide to help you. Please use the search before adding a topic. This will help cut down on having multiple topics with the same subject.
Rock

Little problem here

Post by Rock » September 21st, 2008, 8:21 am

So I wanted to install mame and went to their official website, boy is it confusing... :x anyways I wound up finding your video on youtube and your installation instructions are way better hehe. But I got a problem I got a rom from coolroms (which I used very often before for other emus) and downloading "cadash" the US version of course, then i just dragged the zipfile to the ROM folder.

When I run mame and click available the game dosent show, I saw your video and in your explanation you show your games in the ROM folder are all zipped(or they dont work) using winzip I presume. My zip file is with winrar and thats where I have my doubt does it matter if its in winzip or winrar?.

If so, how can I change the zip to winzip?

suits00
Guru Supreme
Guru Supreme
Favorite Game: STREETFIGHTER

Re: Little problem here

Post by suits00 » September 21st, 2008, 11:39 am

Rock wrote:So I wanted to install mame and went to their official website, boy is it confusing... :x anyways I wound up finding your video on youtube and your installation instructions are way better hehe. But I got a problem I got a rom from coolroms.com (which I used very often before for other emus) and downloading "cadash" the US version of course, then i just dragged the zipfile to the ROM folder.

When I run mame and click available the game dosent show, I saw your video and in your explanation you show your games in the ROM folder are all zipped(or they dont work) using winzip I presume. My zip file is with winrar and thats where I have my doubt does it matter if its in winzip or winrar?.

If so, how can I change the zip to winzip?
To answer your question, no it does not matter if it's winzip or winrar because they do the same things.

As far as the game not showing up on the available list: You have to audit the roms, meaning tell mame32/UI to look for them in the default directory or where ever you set your directory to. You do this by pressing f5 or going up to File> then Audit All Games. It should take a few minutes then your game should show up on the available list. If you don't audit you may very well have the game but it won't show up on your available list.

Another thing you might need in the future are the game bios. Just google Mame bios or P.M. me if you have trouble finding them. Hope this helps, by the way that game would be great online as 4 player. Nice find!

Suits00

Rock

Re: Little problem here

Post by Rock » September 21st, 2008, 9:44 pm

Thanks it worked =) Im still getting to know this program. And btw that Cadash game, man that game Ive had it in my head for the past 10 or 15 yrs!! when I used to play it at the arcades in the mall, I loved it! But I just couldnt remember its damn named! >< took forever to find its name! and finally have someway of playing!. And yes youre right being an online 4 player game would rule! just kinda short ^^