Need help configuring Mouse to work as light gun

MAME Gurus come to your aide to help you. Please use the search before adding a topic. This will help cut down on having multiple topics with the same subject.
Thousand

Need help configuring Mouse to work as light gun

Post by Thousand » September 16th, 2008, 11:54 pm

I'm playing with the game "chiller" and I selected Mouse in the options menu and under the light gun setting.

Here's the problem, I go into the game and all I get is up and down movement with the mouse. Left and right is still stuck on my gamepad for some reason.

When I hit tab and Inputs, I see that the Y axis is selected for "mouse". But the X axis is set to "none"

How in the world do you set mouse as the input for a certain function? In most cases you either hit a key or move your joy stick and it sets, but when I move the mouse nothing happens. I want to set the X axis to work with left and right mouse movements.

Also, how do I reset the Input configuration for a game if I mess up somewhere?

Thanks alot Chris, this is all new to me and it has a little bit of a learning curve!

Kratos
Gamer Extreme
Gamer Extreme

Re: Need help configuring Mouse to work as light gun

Post by Kratos » September 17th, 2008, 10:15 pm

hello...i use mame32 and in that you wnat to make sure you check the box the enables the mouse. it is in default game options>controllers.