Save state on exit

MAME Gurus come to your aide to help you. Please use the search before adding a topic. This will help cut down on having multiple topics with the same subject.
ShadowFlame
Gamer
Gamer

Re: Save state on exit

Post by ShadowFlame » July 16th, 2019, 9:45 pm

hey man I just want to say thanks for all your help! Everything is working now highscores are saving on every game that tested so far that includes twin Cobra 2, Raiden and Pacman.

one more minor question when I start up a game now I'm getting a yellowish screen that says "there may be problems with this game" how do I stop that from popping up?
I've turned on "skip game info at startup" in default game options but that warning screen still pops up.

it's not a big deal as I just press a button and it goes away. Just wondering if you knew how to stop that screen every time I start a game.

Thank you again for your time :)

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Favorite Game: Alien vs Predator

Post by Hierophant » July 16th, 2019, 10:11 pm

No worries, mate! I'm very pleased that we could find a good solution to that dilemma. :hello:

Skip info is different from warnings. The nag screens, as they're commonly called, are built-in and always on for affected games. I guess it's Mamedev's way of trying to cut down on unnecessary cries for help and bug reports.

MAME needs to be specially compiled to eliminate the nag screens. Since you're asking about that, I'm assuming the one you were originally using was a no nag version. It's possible that whoever compiled it may have neglected to include hiscore.dat support or broke it somehow, which would explain why the main problem existed in the first place.

ShadowFlame
Gamer
Gamer

Post by ShadowFlame » July 17th, 2019, 11:34 am

Ah okay thanks for the help :smile:

I may try using the mame executable I was using prior and see if the high scores work. It's possible there was some issue with the folder structure before like maybe it was the wrong hiscore dat file, I mean it didn't even have"Twin Cobra" in it like the one I have now does

Of course, I will copy the structure I have now to the desktop before trying to use the "no nag" version. If it doesn't work, I will just overwrite it with the new one again.

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Favorite Game: Alien vs Predator

Post by Hierophant » July 17th, 2019, 6:07 pm

Good idea. I'd be interested to know which was the culprit, the executable or a mistake in the folders somewhere. Either way, it was a bit irresponsible of whoever released it. If only they could see the chaos they caused!

ShadowFlame
Gamer
Gamer

Post by ShadowFlame » July 17th, 2019, 8:56 pm

Hey,
I put the original "no nag" executable back, tested Twin Cobra 2 again. High score still saved :thumbsup:

Looks like it was probably a faulty hiscore.dat and/or folder structure.

Thanks again for your help and patience. I would have given up if I tried to figure this out on my own.
😀😊