Need help with Run and Gun

MAME Gurus come to your aide to help you. Please use the search before adding a topic. This will help cut down on having multiple topics with the same subject.
PATTO

Need help with Run and Gun

Post by PATTO » June 20th, 2016, 4:34 am

Hey Guys,

I recently bought a arcade machine with Mameppk, i am learning mame as a newbie and understand that the mameppk is downloaded and then in the documents/mame1/rom is where i can download games and then put the zip folder game in there and play away.

I also understand the parent game and that some downloads need the parent copy or original..

I need some help because i have a game called run n gun its a konami basketball game that i use to play growing up..In the directory it says the game is working but when i click on it the game starts up in memory status and they all click Ok but one says (EEP ROM 35E -BAD) i don't know if this has anything to do with the game but after that screen it then returns to the same screen and does it all over again..

Also i have been on numerous sites downloading the game and then put the zipfolder in the rom and does nothing also downloaded the konami file..

I also have run N gun 2 and this is all in red writing in directory, i click on this and it starts up and everything on memory status OK Ok Ok
then it goes to a black screen and the music starts but then nothing.

Can anyone help me understand how to fix.....

Also one last question because i have this Mameppk installed can i also get another mame installed with this still installed and then just copy all these games from the Mameppk into the next mame one..

Thanks guys for anyone who can help me get these games running

Patto

i also have pics of what the status says if you need please private message me

Incito
Founder
Founder
Favorite Game: Marvel vs. Capcom 2

Re: Need help with Run and Gun

Post by Incito » June 21st, 2016, 9:12 pm

Sorry, this is a non-working title per the mame devs.

Code: Select all

New machines added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
------------------------------------------------------

Glass (Ver 1.1, Break Edition, Version 1994) (unprotected) [system11]
Panda Train (Novamatic 1.7) [f205v]
Tomy Power House Pinball [hap, Sean Riddle]
Joker Poker (Coinmaster set 1) [MASH]
Mattel Dungeons & Dragons - Computer Labyrinth Game [hap, Sean Riddle]
Spelling B (1978 version) [hap, Sean Riddle]
Mr. Challenger [hap, Sean Riddle]
Run and Gun / Run and Gun (dual screen) [Angelo Salese]
 * despite previously being marked as working these never really worked properly
Lazarian / Laser Battle [Vas Crabb]
 * see notes above, wasn't really playable before
Captain Flag (Japan) [Ryan Holtz, coolmod, Smitdogg, The Dumping Union, Luca Elia]

PATTO

Post by PATTO » June 22nd, 2016, 7:59 am

Hey mate,

Its all good

I have Mameppk installed in my arcade machine , what I did was I downloaded another Mame64 and then put these files in and away I went I managed to get the run n gun 1 and run n gun 2 playing so took me a few days but figured it out..

I do have a few more questions to ask if you can help

Once you organise your Mame and download roms and run them and audit ya games , does this make the chg file and what is the chg file what does it do..

Also does anyone have some packs for Mame 64 I would like to get a heap of already game packs to add to the other mameppk pack I have with 15000 games...

Thanks for any help

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Favorite Game: Alien vs Predator

Post by Hierophant » June 23rd, 2016, 3:48 am

For the sake of reader info:

In many Konami arcade machines the EEPROM has to be initialised before the game will work. With default MAME keys this is normally achieved by holding down the test switch (F2) then hitting machine reset (F3).

Sorry, Patto, but it's against the rules to ask for ROMs:

Site Rules - viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4

It's a guaranteed way to get your topic locked.