Fruit machine emulation in MAMEUIFX64

MAME Gurus come to your aide to help you. Please use the search before adding a topic. This will help cut down on having multiple topics with the same subject.
jimmybog

Fruit machine emulation in MAMEUIFX64

Post by jimmybog » June 6th, 2016, 6:00 am

I’m trying to use MAMEUIFX-64bit- 0.174 to run fruit machine emulation. I have the ROMS for the machines and I have the layouts (which work in the MFME fruit machine emulation programs). I have found a *.DAT file that allows me to import/rebuild the layouts into the required format by using CLRMAMEPRO. But I don’t know in which folder in MAMEUIFX64 to place the rebuilt layouts??

If I try and run a machine in MAMEUIFX64 it says “it’s not working as it needs the required artwork”. I then tried to rebuild the layout into the artwork folder but still get the same message. Is there a step I am missing and is the /artwork folder the wrong one??

Thx

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Favorite Game: Alien vs Predator

Re: Fruit machine emulation in MAMEUIFX64

Post by Hierophant » June 6th, 2016, 10:15 pm

Since MAMEUIFX 0.148, all fruit, slot, or poker machines are disabled in source and not listed, so I don't understand how you could even try to run them.

:confused:

jimmybog

Re: Fruit machine emulation in MAMEUIFX64

Post by jimmybog » June 7th, 2016, 6:23 am

Apologies, I was trying to run the fruit machines in MAMEUI-0.173-64 bit and not MAMEUIFX-64. They do show up in MAMEUI and I can select to run them but alas they do not work due to reasons i have already stated. So my question still stands but applies to MAMEUI-0.173 64 bit