got the wii bar to work

MAME Gurus come to your aide to help you. Please use the search before adding a topic. This will help cut down on having multiple topics with the same subject.
dixonboy

got the wii bar to work

Post by dixonboy » May 21st, 2016, 8:57 am

I just got a light gun from aimtrak and I was reading up how they worked. The light bar that came with it works great on my arcade but I dont want to pull it off everytime I want to use my tv. So it looks like the bar has a set of lights on the left and one light on the right so what I did was use the camera on my cell phone an used some electrical tape and covered all but one up on the right hand side and it works. The only problem im having is the mouse works great but the gun acts different in every mame game. In bang I just recalerbrated during the game but that only seams to work for that game only. My search function is not working so I'm sorry if this has been covered. Ps this my first post.

dixonboy

Re: got the wii bar to work

Post by dixonboy » May 23rd, 2016, 4:16 pm

Wow. two days and nothing. Not even a welcome or anything. I was pretty excited about getting my gun to work with the Wii bar since everything I read said it would not work.

Incito
Founder
Founder
Favorite Game: Marvel vs. Capcom 2

Post by Incito » May 23rd, 2016, 6:29 pm

Here is a welcome :hello: . This time of the year gets pretty busy for us. Understand that we do this as a free service, and help when we can. We all have families and work full time. As for most members, It is pretty commonplace that their question will get answered, and then we never hear from them again. Some do share their builds with the community, and contribute to the forums.

So, let us start with, which mame are you using, and what version?

I have not heard aimtrak working with a Wii bar? You are welcome to share that link with us so we can be on the same page.

dixonboy

Post by dixonboy » May 24th, 2016, 7:25 am

I did not mean to come across like a jerk. After rereading it I guess it did come out that way so I'm sorry for that. I'll have to look she I get home what version of mame i have been playing with the wii bar for a few days now. I dont have a link. I just took a camera and looked at the aimtrak light bar and Wii bar through. I saw the aimtrak hade 5 lights on the left and one on the right. Looked at the Wii bar and it has 5 lights on both sides. I took a price of black tape and taped off the inner four on the right side and it works great. Sorry again for the last post.

dixonboy

Post by dixonboy » May 24th, 2016, 6:53 pm

Mame32 0.103 I did discover the f2 f3 combination to enter gun calibration but Jurassic park is still acting crazy.

Incito
Founder
Founder

Post by Incito » May 26th, 2016, 10:47 am

Is 0.103 a typo? I think that version is from 2003 or so? It will be a bit of a challenge to help since I do not have that version. Have you tried a later version? Mame32 is no longer called that. It is now mameui or mameuifx. Your issue could be a result of the ululating itself? Also, that wii bar is an interesting hack. I will look into this. I am curious how the proprietary connector on the wii bar connects to a computer. For the sake of testing, download a newer jarassic park and mameui. See of this helps. Once you get your new mame, goggle for that version name and the .zip file name of the rom. Direct links to rim download are forbidden but I can say I have had luck with planetemu. Thanks for the apologies. No harm no foul.

dixonboy

Post by dixonboy » May 26th, 2016, 12:18 pm

Thanks a bunch. Actually I used the Wii to power the bar. I'm thinking about getting a wireless one and trying that. And it is an old mame32 version so ill try to get that updated.

dixonboy

Post by dixonboy » June 4th, 2016, 12:10 pm

Anyone have a chance to try out the Wii bar?

Incito
Founder
Founder

Post by Incito » June 6th, 2016, 7:55 am

dixonboy wrote:Thanks a bunch. Actually I used the Wii to power the bar. I'm thinking about getting a wireless one and trying that. And it is an old mame32 version so ill try to get that updated.
So, then is the bar from the Wii, or is the bar not from the Wii?

It sounds like you have some type of USB sensor that plugs into your Wii only to get power? Is that right?
If so, then where did the bar come from?

dixonboy

Post by dixonboy » June 6th, 2016, 9:32 am

The bar I am using I a standard Wii bar. The Wii is not hooked up to the tv it is only plugged in the wall and turned on to power the Wii bar.