Have a just made a mistake? ArcadeVGA2 and MAME

MAME Gurus come to your aide to help you. Please use the search before adding a topic. This will help cut down on having multiple topics with the same subject.
ninjabadger
Gamer
Gamer

Have a just made a mistake? ArcadeVGA2 and MAME

Post by ninjabadger » April 26th, 2016, 3:11 am

So...

Been really happy with my MAME bartop set-up. (3.3ghz C2D, 4gb, SSD, Hyperspin).

However, I've missed those original scan lines found on CRT's (I use HLSL on my laptop and it looks wonderful).

The issue is the bartop does not have a dedicated graphics card so HLSL was out of scope (it doesn't even have a PCIe port due to being USFF).
As such I looked into scanline generators and have just ordered an ArcadeVGA 2 as that seemed to fit my needs.

Now. This is where I think I have made a mistake. My bartop has both horizontal AND vertical games on it (the plan is to have 2 machines in the future with dedicated Horizontal/Vertical but thats not going to happen soon).
As vertical games really should have vertical scan lines I'm wondering how bad the vertical games will look with the generated horizontal scanlines.

Does anyone have any images of vertical games playing horizontal scanlines?

Many thanks,

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Favorite Game: Alien vs Predator

Re: Have a just made a mistake? ArcadeVGA2 and MAME

Post by Hierophant » April 26th, 2016, 7:25 pm

Seems like this is got taken care of by the good folk at BYOAC:

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.p ... c=150517.0

:wizard:

ninjabadger
Gamer
Gamer

Re: Have a just made a mistake? ArcadeVGA2 and MAME

Post by ninjabadger » April 27th, 2016, 4:13 am

Indeed - posted it there after I realised things are a little more "active" :-)

Would still love to see some images of a vertical game playing with horizontal scan lines.