MAME IS REALLY SLOW!

MAME Gurus come to your aide to help you. Please use the search before adding a topic. This will help cut down on having multiple topics with the same subject.
WestCoast

MAME IS REALLY SLOW!

Post by WestCoast » August 27th, 2008, 1:59 pm

Hey i was wondering if anyone can help me speed up Mame! I have the system and the games but the speed is really really killing me! :x lol Someone PLZ help!!

-WestCoast

Incito
Founder
Founder
Favorite Game: Marvel vs. Capcom 2

Re: MAME IS REALLY SLOW!

Post by Incito » August 27th, 2008, 9:48 pm

WestCoast wrote:Hey i was wondering if anyone can help me speed up Mame! I have the system and the games but the speed is really really killing me! :x lol Someone PLZ help!!

-WestCoast

Welcome!

Now in order to help you will need to let use know what kind of hardware you have (video card, cpu, ram), and what version of MAME you have.

Generally, slow down (or choppy sound or choppy video) is due to your computer not being fast enough to process the game and the emulator. So begins the trouble shooting process. :o ;)

Maxrage
Guru Supreme
Guru Supreme
Favorite Game: KILLERINSTINCT

Re: MAME IS REALLY SLOW!

Post by Maxrage » August 27th, 2008, 9:52 pm

what games are you trying to run. certain games when they were produced IE blitz, guantlet legends to name a few ran on very large processing units and mame is not able to run them properly but older games should run fine on even a P3 so let us know what ver. of mame you are running and the specs of youre pc and we will try our best.