help with mame

MAME Gurus come to your aide to help you. Please use the search before adding a topic. This will help cut down on having multiple topics with the same subject.
Tiki33

help with mame

Post by Tiki33 » April 7th, 2016, 11:36 pm

hi guys i remember how i did this 8 years ago but im lost with all the different mame emulators there are and what roms work with what emulator?
is there somewhere you can get the emulator and roms all at once that work? i have now spent 2 weeks trying to find somewhere. i really want to build an arcade machine with my kids but want to make sure the program is working correctly, cheers

Incito
Founder
Founder
Favorite Game: Marvel vs. Capcom 2

Re: help with mame

Post by Incito » April 8th, 2016, 3:37 pm

I have not seen it all packaged together.

ld17
Gamer
Gamer

Re: help with mame

Post by ld17 » April 12th, 2016, 8:05 am

I'm new to and learning as I go. I've installed mameuifx latest version and just pretty much search for roms I want and they just work. Games that haven't I've learned need extra files like eg. namco files to play galaga. I'm also learning you need the master (parent) rom to allow all variant roms to work. It's been pretty simple with the help here and you tube videos and just doing some grinding on google for answers. Just ask these guys here seem pretty helpful.