Reading the MAMEUI "All Games" List

MAME Gurus come to your aide to help you. Please use the search before adding a topic. This will help cut down on having multiple topics with the same subject.
Dundee

Reading the MAMEUI "All Games" List

Post by Dundee » March 7th, 2016, 10:23 pm

Hey Team. Hope everyone is doing well.

I noticed a few of the games I downloaded, about 10 of them, didn't work right away when I first downloaded them. And, after some work, I got most of them back up and going normally.

Anyway, one of the things I did, was to make sure that I downloaded the game was next to a solid green tile in MAMEUI, even if this game was not a 'USA Version'.

With that in mind, I was wondering if someone would be able to explain the exact meaning of these color differences next to the MAME Game Titles in the "All Games" listing on the UI version of MAMe. Some games are next to solid green tiles, other are a faded green, and some are solid red (which I'm guessing means that the ROM isn't complete or has known issues).

Any help in the matter would be great!

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Favorite Game: Alien vs Predator

Re: Reading the MAMEUI "All Games" List

Post by Hierophant » March 8th, 2016, 4:55 am

G'day :hello:

In MAMEUI, full green means working parent ROM, half green is working clone, and red is not working (parent or clone). Working games may still be imperfect, though. An imperfect game will show a message near the bottom right of the GUI which can be moused over for details.

Dundee

Re: Reading the MAMEUI "All Games" List

Post by Dundee » March 8th, 2016, 7:42 pm

Excellent man. Thank you for the heads up!