Can't get my usb controller to work for mame

MAME Gurus come to your aide to help you. Please use the search before adding a topic. This will help cut down on having multiple topics with the same subject.
kingpinga

Can't get my usb controller to work for mame

Post by kingpinga » February 3rd, 2016, 3:04 pm

:hello: my system is : windows 7 ultimate 64bit, intel core i7, 2.93 ghz proc 8gb ram. cant get my usb controller recognized. i go to options/default games options and go to controller and controller mapping and cant get this thing to work after watching a dozen vids lol, i have several emu's and all work fine except this one. please help :pissed:

Please note the site rules: New members will be in the "Newly Registered Users" group for their first few posts. Each post must be approved by a Moderator.

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Favorite Game: Alien vs Predator

Re: Can't get my usb controller to work for mame

Post by Hierophant » February 4th, 2016, 2:25 am

Did you configure the controller within MAME's in-game options menu? There's a basic explanation of how to do that in my MAMEFAQs, Q9. (Linked below in my signature.)

kingpinga

Post by kingpinga » February 4th, 2016, 7:54 am

thanks for getting back to me!! tried both in game and game options settings and still coming up empty. have to admit its driving me nuts at this point as the game i want to play ( astro blaster) loads up and i can see it in demo form, but no amount of adding buttons etc gets game to start. pc recognizes controller and it works on every other emu i have no prob. used the instructions in the faq as well

kingpinga

Post by kingpinga » February 4th, 2016, 10:09 pm

tried that and watched a few vids and came to the conclusion its the rom thats bad. tried a few other games and they worked albeit some a little off but worked none the less, any suggestions? does anyone install these via remote ?? thanks for your help

PantherUK
Favorite Game: Final Fight

Post by PantherUK » February 5th, 2016, 2:32 am

The best thing to do is to google Mame roms and find a rom that matches the version of Mame you're using... We don't supply rom files at Mameaddicts and never will so the remote option isn't one...
Ooer... No pictures...