MAME scrolling games titles list problem + cps2 issue

MAME Gurus come to your aide to help you. Please use the search before adding a topic. This will help cut down on having multiple topics with the same subject.
Spagueto

MAME scrolling games titles list problem + cps2 issue

Post by Spagueto » January 29th, 2016, 6:57 am

Hi!

I'm usiing Mame64(0.170)on my windows10 laptop. And I ve got a big issue.
It recognizes only 16 games in my /roms directory(there is actually 60 games + drivers) as in the main games list view of Mame the list doesn't scroll down after the 16th games, that means the window can contain only what the screen can display. I don't know if it's clear and english is not my first language as well...sorry...

The weird thing is that I've tried to run Mame on an other laptop with windows10 as well and it was doing the same error.

So Mame is working only if I put few games in my roms directory but it's annoying because of the drivers as I need to know which game run with which driver as there is too many drivers to fit in the 16 entry limits. Help !!!!

My other problem is with CPS2 games, I've got 2 of them(progear and Mars matrix) but they're not working with none of the drivers I've got. I've downloaded the bios pack available at emu paradise, and tried each individuals drivers with the game and it's like there was no drivers for Cps2. Any idea where to find the driver?

Thank you!!!

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Favorite Game: Alien vs Predator

Re: MAME scrolling games titles list problem + cps2 issue

Post by Hierophant » January 31st, 2016, 6:25 pm

G'day :hello:

I would recommend using MAMEUIFX and then there are no problems scrolling through lists of thousands of games.

MAMEUIFX Homepage - http://mame32fx.altervista.org/home.htm

For CPS2 games, get one copy of the sound device ROM, qsound.zip, and place it in the ROMs folder.

Spagueto

Post by Spagueto » January 31st, 2016, 7:21 pm

Thank you!!! It fixed all my problems :)

Beside that the neogeo games don't appear in the available games list... I've already have the neogeo bios in the rom folder, it's weird.

Spagueto

Post by Spagueto » January 31st, 2016, 7:43 pm

The neogeo problem has been fixed. I've tried with an other driver and it worked.

Thank you again for your help!

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Favorite Game: Alien vs Predator

Post by Hierophant » February 2nd, 2016, 11:04 pm

No worries. I would like to add, one of the best ways MAME GUI users can learn how to fix things like the CPS2 / QSound problem is to know how to audit games.
  • 1. In the left field of the GUI, select the 'All Games / Arcades' list.
    2. At the top right of the GUI, type a game name in the search field to narrow down the list.
    3. Go right click > Audit on the game to see exactly what MAME needs to run it.