Mame ps3

MAME Gurus come to your aide to help you. Please use the search before adding a topic. This will help cut down on having multiple topics with the same subject.
salv

Mame ps3

Post by salv » November 30th, 2015, 7:46 am

Hello,

Newbie to the board. I have a few questions, How do you download Mame to ps3? Is there a way to do for PS4? I have Mame on my Desktop, an older edition I downloaded in 2011 to play a few of my classic favorites.. Now would it be easier to just get a steambox and play that way? ,My desktop is up in my office, The TV I want top lay on with all the consoles is downstairs.. Thanks for reading. Rob

Incito
Founder
Founder
Favorite Game: Marvel vs. Capcom 2

Re: Mame ps3

Post by Incito » November 30th, 2015, 10:56 am

Slav, Welcome to MA! :V:
PS3: This will only work with the first generation PS3 which allowed you to partition the hard drive and install a bootable Linux OS on there.
I have done this on a friends PS3 many years ago, and I can say that mame only could play games like pac-man. Marvel vs. Capcom was not playable, even with frame skipping.
The emulation and OS took up too many resources.

PS4: There is not a way to install mame on PS4 as of now. Since Sony has the system update all the time, and most games can't startup without some kind of update needed, it will make it hard for anyone to mod this.

salv

Post by salv » November 30th, 2015, 6:41 pm

Thanks for the response.. Kind of looking for something, maybe Ill try a dedicated small pc with Maximus arcade on it. Steambox may be an option . Thank You..I love the old games..

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Favorite Game: Alien vs Predator

Post by Hierophant » November 30th, 2015, 8:19 pm

A modded Xbox works well. That was actually my first experience of MAME before I ever owned a PC. Some friends at a local video game store had one set up. I played Dungeons & Dragons: Tower of Doom with them and it ran fine.