Noob. Early Mame version on Win95. Games not Found

MAME Gurus come to your aide to help you. Please use the search before adding a topic. This will help cut down on having multiple topics with the same subject.
simmondsd

Noob. Early Mame version on Win95. Games not Found

Post by simmondsd » November 24th, 2015, 3:58 pm

Hi,

A mate has bought a cocktail table running Mame under Win95. He knows nothing about 'computers' so I am trying to help.

I run Launcher.exe and eventually get the 'Games not Found' pop-up.

I have looked through the file directory and can see all the games in Zip files in the Roms directory. I can also see and read the .ini files.

My gut is that the .ini file is pointing to the wrong place but...

Could you let me know what I need to let you know and whether there is something simple I can do to get the machine working properly. (I'd like to avoid any 'upgrade' conversation as the hard-drive is only 6.4gb and is full!)

Many thanks in advance for the help.

Voljega
Mame Addict Supreme
Mame Addict Supreme

Re: Noob. Early Mame version on Win95. Games not Found

Post by Voljega » November 25th, 2015, 4:52 am

!!! Windows 95 ? Mame barely existed back then !!

Besides if you have a launcher.exe it looks like something custom... try looking into the ini file for the roms path and modify it to the right one.

Can't the vendor help ?

I would really encourage you to ditch the hard drive altogether, get a new one on a most recent Windows and get a newer mame and romset. Even if you manage to make all that work, I fear there won't be many games on the romset you're using