Namco's Dirt Fox Control Values Needed

MAME Gurus come to your aide to help you. Please use the search before adding a topic. This will help cut down on having multiple topics with the same subject.
JAC77

Namco's Dirt Fox Control Values Needed

Post by JAC77 » August 19th, 2015, 2:07 am

I've noticed that the default analog control values in MAME when controlling with a digital pad are pretty useless making most analog based games unplayable prior to tinkering.

I've spent many an hour tweaking the controls to my fave analog games pretty perfectly, HOWEVER the above titled game is proving impossible!!! I am clearly doing something wrong!!!! :confused:

No matter what I tweak, the car's steering is just locked full lock to the right!!!!

Can anyone please share the values to allow me to enjoy this great looking game with a digital pad? :thumbsup:

I would be most grateful! :tongue:

P.S. Administrator(s)-How about having a stickied thread where players can share/ask for decent control values for these analog games that are played by digital means? I would be happy to share mine with the community as I've turned games like Power Drift and Checkered Flag from unplayable to perfect! Just an idea...

JAC77

Re: Namco's Dirt Fox Control Values Needed

Post by JAC77 » September 8th, 2015, 4:40 pm

For future reference for others, this niggle was solved for me here:

http://www.mameworld.info/ubbthreads/sh ... art=1&vc=1
I had the same problem in the end i sussed it's linked to the "Test Mode" quite often that can also be called "Service Mode" you'll find it in the dip switch area if not look in input this game and assign it a button mapping if it's present in the dips just turn it from off to on if you have to assign it a button mapping then press the button once after either of the above
do an ingame reset to access the test menus

Now i cant mind for sure but i think i either turned on the service or test mode pressed
9+F2 then released em and done an ingame reset when the game rebooted the Adjustment Of Control Menu was present or it was while i was in the test mode i hit 9+F2 then done the ingame reset
it's one of the two

Personally i'd just give you the dirtfoxj.nv file but as im not using PC MAME i dont
have one handy
Thanks anyway.

---Incito edit---
Added a qoute from the link from the poster Arcade Addict at mameworld.info

Incito
Founder
Founder
Favorite Game: Marvel vs. Capcom 2

Post by Incito » September 9th, 2015, 8:20 am

JAC.
Sorry no one got to this questions. It's rare, but sometimes one gets missed. I am happy that you found your solutions, and shared it here.
When it comes to controls for an individual mame game, the TAB menu is your goto spot.
it will have the dip switches for the game, and you can assign buttons there too. You already know this now. :blush:

I will have to try this 9 + F2.

JAC77

Post by JAC77 » September 14th, 2015, 12:23 am

Thank you, no problem.

All's well that ends well.

:thumbsup: