Xin mo usb controller issues

MAME Gurus come to your aide to help you. Please use the search before adding a topic. This will help cut down on having multiple topics with the same subject.
lambros1981

Xin mo usb controller issues

Post by lambros1981 » August 10th, 2015, 6:40 pm

Hi everyone, New member here and very glad to part ofthis community.

First off thanks for the great forum - recently i built my mame arcade cab and all was wonderful...sf2 nights, double dragon marathons, final fight sagas etc... and then suddenly my xin mo usb card started 'reading' button 2 as always pressed.

I tried not using that pin on the card, nothing
Tried different PCs and Windows (XP, 7) and nothing
I tried not having any buttons wired to xin mo at all and only having usb connected with it and it still shows button 2 as pressed...

Anyone had this issue? Anyway i canbypass button 2? I dont care if i can't use it- I just dont want it to appear as always pressed because it makes certain games unplayable. :pissed:

Sorry if this has been posted before, i searched for 'xin mo' on the board and got 0 matches.

Thanks....game on

lambros1981

Re: Xin mo usb controller issues

Post by lambros1981 » August 12th, 2015, 8:39 am

Hello all,

Update: I contacted the xin mo site and this was the response:

'Hello sir,

Thanks for using our product.
According to your description, only two possibilities.
The button 2 where the pin is shorted,maybe near the IC.
The button 2 where the pin is breakdown by high voltage.
In either case, I suggest you to ask your provider for a new free replacement.In the end, these controllers with troubles will back to me here.
Best regards
Jerry Yu"

Any idea how this could have happened? Perhaps the led lights i used had something to do with it. If anyone has any fixes it would be greatly appreciated.

I contacted ultracabs to reach a solution since this was purchased through them, hope they're cool about this.

The xin mo saga continues...didnt know they had issues

Incito
Founder
Founder
Favorite Game: Marvel vs. Capcom 2

Post by Incito » August 12th, 2015, 10:45 pm

I have not used this. It may be twice the cost, but IPAC tends to be the most favored. The reason is that it stays running.

lambros1981

Post by lambros1981 » August 14th, 2015, 6:23 pm

Turns out the ultracab people will replace the part for free so happy ending - they were cool about it... if I get another issue in the future then as you state ill switch over to an ipac card.

Burning out after a few months is not very promising.... :arg: