Help with Mala

MAME Gurus come to your aide to help you. Please use the search before adding a topic. This will help cut down on having multiple topics with the same subject.
cs74

Help with Mala

Post by cs74 » July 21st, 2015, 5:52 pm

Hi all. Could someone please assist with a problem. I have installed mame 161 and mala is up to date with current build. I have what I believe to be correct in installing my ROMs in the rom directory in that mame is installed and reads from, but when I refresh the games list in mala they don't appear ? However, there is a set rom list of thousands that when I manage to find in that list my rom it works ? Is there a way to get rid of the set list of thousands and it only finds and lists the ones I want ? It's just a pain in the go-nads to keep going through the main list to find the one I put in, especially as there can be several listed and I have to try to run each to see which works or not. Installed my rom named "x" only to find 6 already there that non worked. Hope some of this makes sense. Thanks Falk's.

PantherUK
Favorite Game: Final Fight

Re: Help with Mala

Post by PantherUK » July 29th, 2015, 1:05 am

I haven't used Mala myself, but after a bit of looking around, I ended up on their documentation page... There is a section about halfway down that deals with gamelists that may be of some help...

http://malafe.net/index.php?page=docshelp
Ooer... No pictures...