Issues with Fire Fox

MAME Gurus come to your aide to help you. Please use the search before adding a topic. This will help cut down on having multiple topics with the same subject.
jburger2371

Issues with Fire Fox

Post by jburger2371 » July 8th, 2015, 9:01 pm

Hi!

I downloaded firefox.zip (Firefox Set 1) and firefox.chd I receive errors when I try launching Fire Fox. I am using Mame64. Until I discovered mameaddicts.com, I did not know to create a subdirectory with the firefox.chd in it.

I have tried create launching Fire Fox again with the firefox subdirectory and I still receive errors.

File Names:

Filename: firefox.zip
Subdirectory: firefox
.CHD Filename: firefox.chd

Any suggestions are appreciated? I have only played this game a few times. From what I can remember as a youth, this game cost $.75 or $1.00 in the 80's. Which at that time was a lot of money.

I would really like the ability to play this game again!

Thanks again for your time!

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Favorite Game: Alien vs Predator

Re: Issues with Fire Fox

Post by Hierophant » July 9th, 2015, 3:30 am

G'day :hello:

Are the game files fully compatible with the MAME version? To check, open the MAME GUI > right click on the game > Audit. Let us know the results.

jburger2371

Post by jburger2371 » July 10th, 2015, 11:57 pm

Thank you Hierophant for the advise!

When I perform an audit, I receive:

firefox: Romset NOT FOUND

As a test I renamed both the .zip (firefox.zip to firefoxa.zip) and (firefox.chd to firefoxa.chd). It did not work, but what I did notice is when I had firefox.zip and firefoxa.chd, the two errors I received was

firefox.chd NOT FOUND (So I know it is looking for firefox.chd in the firefox sub directory.
at-6-1_a.bin NOT FOUND (tried in firefox22vp931) (this is the error I have always received)

When I renamed the .chd back to firefox.chd, I still received the at-6-1_a.bin NOT FOUND (tried in firefox22vp931) error. This leads me to believe my ROM is bad. I have downloaded it from multiple sites. The files in the .zip are exactly the same. The .zip is exactly the same size (114kb).

jburger2371

Post by jburger2371 » July 12th, 2015, 1:38 pm

Hi All,

I have tried files from multiple sites and still no luck.

Does anybody currently have it running that would share the sites they downloaded the files from?

Thank you for any assistance!

PantherUK
Favorite Game: Final Fight

Post by PantherUK » July 12th, 2015, 5:51 pm

I'm pretty sure most of the old laser disc games run better in the Daphne emulator as it is designed to do just that... Might be worth googling it for information...
Ooer... No pictures...

jburger2371

Post by jburger2371 » July 13th, 2015, 11:58 pm

Thanks PantherUK!!

I will look into it now!

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Hierophant » July 14th, 2015, 4:11 am

Jburger, did you try Googling the at-6-1_a.bin file? It looks like the first search result has what you're after.

jburger2371

Post by jburger2371 » July 24th, 2015, 5:55 pm

I did not Hierophant! I am literally slapping my head right now. I apologize, been out on business trip working on a huge project.

Thanks again!

jburger2371

Post by jburger2371 » July 24th, 2015, 8:18 pm

That was it Hierophant!!

In my ROMS subdirectory, I created a firefox subdirectory, moved the firefox.chd and at-6-1_a.bin file in to it. It works other than the digitized Clint Eastwood voice sounds like a robot. Also, my up and down controls are reversed (Press Up to go Down).

I have the same issue on Star Wars (the vector game).

I appreciate all of the assistance and guidance...Hierophant and PantherUK!! :thumbsup:

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Hierophant » July 27th, 2015, 8:23 pm

Nice that it's working now, Jburger. :V:

For the sake of consistency I would normally unpack the main ROM zip, add any file that was missing, then repack it.

Those controls are standard for flight simulation type games. You can always reconfigure them however you like with the in-game tab menu.