Mame32 Scanlines issue

MAME Gurus come to your aide to help you. Please use the search before adding a topic. This will help cut down on having multiple topics with the same subject.
Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Favorite Game: Alien vs Predator

Re: Mame32 Scanlines issue

Post by Hierophant » July 8th, 2015, 2:57 am

As with anything new, there may be teething problems with the Lottes shader.... Problems as in bugs. If a game is bugging out in Lottes then I would try it in standard MAME HLSL instead.

retrofreak90
Mame Addict
Mame Addict

Post by retrofreak90 » July 8th, 2015, 6:05 am

Ah, I didn't realise it was a new shader. Ok, so I tried a different shader (CRT-geom) which sorts the framerate issue so thank you for that :thumbsup: (although it doesn't display fullscreen for some reason, I shall have to tinker), but the Xbox360 trigger thing is still very much an issue.

Has the way Mame handles analogue control changed significantly in recent years? The triggers work fine on my old Mame32 set-up. I really do appreciate the patience and help from you guys. This place is so much nicer than Mameworld, where the Devs can be a tad...tetchy?

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Favorite Game: Alien vs Predator

Post by Hierophant » July 9th, 2015, 4:42 am

Some info about Lottes scanlines from the source:

http://timothylottes.blogspot.com.au/20 ... lines.html

So, he is nothing to do with MAME. He created the filter just for fun and put it out there for anyone to use. From there it made its way into some unofficial MAME builds.

Yeah, CRT-geom doesn't go full screen for me either. Like I said, try HLSL instead. You may not like the HLSL defaults, but the great thing about MAMEUIFX now is that you can easily play with HLSL's various functions by individually adjusting them in the tab menu's Slider Controls. Some help about what these functions do:

http://gamingnos.blogspot.com.au/2011/1 ... de-up.html

There are also plenty of nice presets floating around which people have created that can simply be copy/pasted into an INI file.

Although Lottes seems to be the hot new thing, I have a feeling that HLSL will win out in the long run. It's extremely powerful and flexible and it's part of official MAME so it can only keep on getting better.

PS. I was gonna say, make a new topic for Outrun, but was also doing a quick Google and accidentally found an old post of mine in this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=465 :V:

Please post in there if you've still got Outrun control problems after reading my guide.

retrofreak90
Mame Addict
Mame Addict

Post by retrofreak90 » July 10th, 2015, 9:27 am

Man, you have no idea how helpful you've been! I now have Outrun working perfectly and have delved into the deep waters of HLSL.

I can't believe how good and CRT-like games now look. Amazing. So MANY thanks for your help and advice. I have a couple of HLSL-related questions but I'll start a new thread for those. Thanks again, mate. :-)