MameUi64 .162 and the SF Alpha games

MAME Gurus come to your aide to help you. Please use the search before adding a topic. This will help cut down on having multiple topics with the same subject.
drdubs

MameUi64 .162 and the SF Alpha games

Post by drdubs » June 9th, 2015, 3:41 pm

Hi guys I'm new to the site, but have been using mame on and off for quite a few years. I recently upgraded to MameUI64 .162 and noticed none of the street fighter alpha games are working.
I've created new folders and downloaded roms from multiple sites to see which sets would actually work, but none of them seem to. There seems to be an issue with a Qsound file. So, if anyone can give me a hint where to look or possibly provide any explanations I would greatly appreciate it.

I'm also finally about to take the plunge and build a cab....so hopefully in the near future I can provide you w/ updates and share the endeavor during the process

jyarrison
Gold Skull member
Gold Skull member
Favorite Game: Golden Tee

Re: MameUi64 .162 and the SF Alpha games

Post by jyarrison » June 12th, 2015, 8:00 am

Right click on one of these games and then select "audit". What does it tell you there? I have not upgraded to .162 but am considering it. The process of updating all those roms just scares me.
JY

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Favorite Game: Alien vs Predator

Fix for Q-Sound ROM problem in MAME

Post by Hierophant » June 13th, 2015, 3:13 am

The Q-Sound ROM problem is a recent issue for MAME users, but it can be solved in a few simple steps.
  • Google this: qsound mame
  • Place qsound.zip from the first search result (emuparadise) in the ROMs folder.
  • Refresh the games list in the GUI with F5.
With one copy of qsound.zip in the ROMs folder, all associated Capcom Q-Sound games should now pass audit, so long as the main ROMs themselves are also up to date. In a way, qsound.zip is acting like a bios, like the way that one copy of neogeo.zip makes all the Neo-Geo games work.

Verified working in MAMEUIFX 0.162 with Street Fighter Alpha 3 (Euro 980904) ROM from the same site.

drdubs

Re: MameUi64 .162 and the SF Alpha games

Post by drdubs » June 14th, 2015, 2:48 pm

awesome....thank you!