Help with using a joystick to scroll threw the list of games

MAME Gurus come to your aide to help you. Please use the search before adding a topic. This will help cut down on having multiple topics with the same subject.
gmkalos

Help with using a joystick to scroll threw the list of games

Post by gmkalos » March 30th, 2015, 11:16 am

Hi everybody, i need some help with using the joystick to initially scroll threw the list of games. I have mame 64UI 0.139, i built it into a ms pac cabaret. Running windows vista, generic usb 2-button controller board from china all controls are leaf switches. Everything works fine but the joystick just wont scroll threw the list of games, on my other computer using an wireless x-box controller the analog stick will scroll threw the list of games? If anybody could help me figure this out i would be greatly appreciative so i can ditch this pesky mouse. :)

gmkalos

Re: Help with using a joystick to scroll threw the list of g

Post by gmkalos » April 16th, 2015, 2:48 am

Ok i thought i would post this first off download xpadder to use your joystick to emulate key strokes then hyperspin is cool but you must disable the joystick and enable the keyboard works like a charm! Say goodbye to your mouse!

Incito
Founder
Founder
Favorite Game: Marvel vs. Capcom 2

Post by Incito » April 16th, 2015, 7:22 pm

Interesting. So you are saying that Hyperspin cannot recognize game controllers, or just the one you posted about? :confused:

gmkalos

Post by gmkalos » April 22nd, 2015, 12:48 pm

I does but my game controller is the usb 2 button china board thousands have been sold and it just kept spinning uncontrollably when i moved the mouse it would stop, i enabled the track ball that helped but it would still glitch outand spin like crazy. The best thing about using a keymapper is that your escape and start buttons for hypersync and mame can be the same.

Incito
Founder
Founder
Favorite Game: Marvel vs. Capcom 2

Post by Incito » April 28th, 2015, 7:57 am

Sounds defective. Use another emulator like NEStopia, and configure your controller. Start a game like Mario Bros. See if the character in the game repeats the same action.