So you want a jumpdrive (a.k.a memory stick) that you plug into a PC and it will automatically launch mame?
Well, it is easy!
1) Copy all your mame files on the root of the jump drive. NOTE: Not one folder with everything in it, but everything IN the mame folder.
2) Make a autorun.inf file, view example below.
action=Run My Program
3) Get an icon. I got my pacman at http://www.veryicon.com/icons/game/game-stars/ and place it in the jumpdrive root as well.
4) Edit your autorun. Go to "open=" then type your specific mame.exe file.
5) Then go to "icon=" and type your icon file name.
6) Go to "label=" and type your mame version, or whatever you want it to say.
7) Save as autorun.inf in the root of your jumdrive.
Now remove it, and stick it back in the USB. Once mame is launched, click refresh for all the games to load. If you go to my computer, you should see your icon. Mine is the pacman.
Now you virtually have a pocket MAME you can take anywhere....just don't forget your controller.
MAME Gurus come to your aide to help you. Please use the search before adding a topic. This will help cut down on having multiple topics with the same subject.
1 post • Page 1 of 1