mame

MAME Gurus come to your aide to help you. Please use the search before adding a topic. This will help cut down on having multiple topics with the same subject.
chonfat
Gamer
Gamer

Re: mame

Post by chonfat » August 12th, 2008, 6:05 pm

Chris wrote:Try romnation or doperoms, both are good. Just google the name or go to the links page here: http://mameaddicts.com/links.html

If that don't work :? then PM me. ;)
ive DL mslug5 again in ROMworld is that a good site??? if is not then that must be the problem :D

rightmind

Post by rightmind » August 21st, 2008, 9:58 pm

chonfat wrote:
Chris wrote:I have metal slug 5 and metal slug x, both work just fine.

I would run an audit on those games and see if is missing any files. I also would DL them again from another source and place them in your rom folder.

What version of mame are you running?

And please elaborate on what it is doing. Send a screen shot of what you see.

I have the version I use on the mameaddicts.com/downloads page.
yes i got your version....
and i got the DL from coolrom.com so im gonna go to another page and DL and ill tell u later....

thx Chris
Dude, do you have the latest Direct X ... You will need version 9.

Incito
Founder
Founder
Favorite Game: Marvel vs. Capcom 2

Post by Incito » August 27th, 2008, 12:30 pm

Hey rightmind, good to see you again. Sorry about the late message ;)

Sloth

Post by Sloth » August 30th, 2008, 6:50 am

i was having the same problem i hope this clears it up thnx man

Rock

Post by Rock » September 22nd, 2008, 1:51 am

Hey guys Ive downloaded almost all metal slugs from coolroms and Im having the same problem as he is, cant see them. I downloaded that neo zip and put in the mame folder, audited the games and nothing. They dont show as available or playable.

Im pretty sure I have the latest direct x, where to check what version Im using?

suits00
Guru Supreme
Guru Supreme
Favorite Game: STREETFIGHTER

Post by suits00 » September 22nd, 2008, 1:45 pm

Rock wrote:Hey guys Ive downloaded almost all metal slugs from coolroms and Im having the same problem as he is, cant see them. I downloaded that neo zip and put in the mame folder, audited the games and nothing. They dont show as available or playable.

Im pretty sure I have the latest direct x, where to check what version Im using?
I don't know if it might be the problem. But did you place it in the mame folder or the roms folder inside the Mame folder? If you place your roms in the mame directory/folder it wont show up on the list, it must be in the roms folder or you must set up your directories, go up to Options> Then Directories> Click the roms directory> Click Browse and find where you keep your roms. Initially, mame looks for roms in the default rom folder inside the mame directory/folder.

You can also place roms in the mame folder (where the roms folder is) and have multiple directories and mame will search in all directories. I have mame pointed to my regular mame directory as well as the zinc directory.

As far as direct x version (notice am using xp). Go to Start Menu> go to RUN> type DXDIAG. Click yes on the box that shows up. Your direct x version should show up on the bottom of the window that pops up.

The following are pictures of my directory, its mame32++, but it should be very similar to mame32UI. The roms along with the bios need to go inside the roms directory/folder
Here is inside the roms folder, you can see at the top the directory c:\mame32++.117 (Jul 12 2007)\Roms

Rock

Post by Rock » September 22nd, 2008, 11:02 pm

Well I checked I do have Direct X 9.0, and yes I have roms inside the Rom folder of course not in the mame folder, and I have the neogeo patch.
I also did that with the directories as you told me, couldnt run them either.

Thats how I have it. I have no idea what else to do. :(

Incito
Founder
Founder
Favorite Game: Marvel vs. Capcom 2

Post by Incito » September 23rd, 2008, 8:40 am

I sent a PM, but this might help others and fellow Gurus feel free to add to this.

MAME is VERY picky on what the roms file names are. If you download and then change the name it will not work. I suggest you find the exact files you need by opening mame32 (which is what you are using of course) and find a game you want...we will use joust as an example.

As you can see The Clones are need to play joust.

Hope this helps. I noticed the your Metal Slug rom file was named "Metal Slug" and not mslug.

Rock

Post by Rock » September 26th, 2008, 5:51 am

Thank you and sorry for the late replay.

I got in touch with an old friend that showed me MAME a long time ago and he found that same problem. ^^

You see when I downloaded from coolroms I didnt changed the names, I left them as it is and they just didnt worked, with the exception of cadash. Thats why I changed the names for the zips thinking that would fix it, since cadash's game says cadash ^^; Oh well you learn from your mistkaes with help of many ppl XD

Also those from metal slug and double dragon, didnt work for me when I downloaded them from that site he gave me another site and told me to re-download them and then, they finally worked.

But thank getting little by little the hang of this, he also taught me how to open the menu for botton configuration. ^^