Which MAME is best?

MAME Gurus come to your aide to help you. Please use the search before adding a topic. This will help cut down on having multiple topics with the same subject.
fishbone

Which MAME is best?

Post by fishbone » June 20th, 2012, 5:51 pm

I am using AdvanceMame because it allows you to choose your resolution on the fly and resizing , colors, aspect ratio, etc. to get the image perfect. Unfortunately it is no longer supported and only supports ROMS up to 0.106. Also, I can't get .chd files to work with it. Bottom line is I'm looking to switch to a new version of mame. Is there one out there that lets you adjust the video settings and is still supported. I am using mamewah as my front end and I believe it has a tool which lets you change the video settings. Any ideas?

Hierophant
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Favorite Game: Alien vs Predator

Re: Which MAME is best?

Post by Hierophant » June 21st, 2012, 3:44 am

I like MAMEPlus! the best for current MAME. I never used AdvanceMAME (it was already long dead before I started with MAME) so I dunno how the two are gonna compare for you as far as video settings go. It's not called "Plus!" for nothing though, since MAMEPlus! does have more cool options than standard MAMEUI.

Atheistpanic
Gamer Supreme
Gamer Supreme
Favorite Game: Killer Instinct

Re: Which MAME is best?

Post by Atheistpanic » June 23rd, 2012, 2:54 pm

I'm running both MAME Plus+ 0.144u4 and MAME32 0.103u2. Whatever games haven't been working for one emulator has been (in most cases) working on the other & vice versa.
Then again, I'm one to tinker with things to get them to operate...often forgetting how I did it.
"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not."
***Kurt Cobain***